DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a company who makes a roof rack? Tossing around the idea of finding and mounting one to haul around kayaks and bikes on.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,071 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That retrax looks goo but looking for somethig more on the room dont want the kayaks to hit our camper. And that retrax wouldnt work.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
In some areas, they don't allow you to put your canoe where it blocks any part of your windshield, like in the image below

You could always put on a roof rack & put on a attachment that ties into your front tow hook area

This one is even cleaner looking & it fits into a front mounted trailer hitch

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I have a Yakima roof rack for over the cab and made a stake pocket removable rack for the back of the truck. That is where my canoe will fit. I have a specially made tie down that sits and is bolted under the hood until needed. works great and no side to side movement of the canoe when a transport goes by. I think I have a thread about the rack in the Camping threads.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a Rhino Rack system on my 2018 Ram. It came off my 2013 that was in a wicked accident. It looks good, is tough, believe me that accident was BAD, and is very useful. They make a bunch of different attachments for the bars for different purposes. I use mine to hold my fishing rods. Check it out. Think I got it off of AutoAnything but I’m not 100% sure. You could also call them directly. They will answer your questions about what system would suit you best. Their customer service is pretty good.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
I have a Rhino Rack system on my 2018 Ram. It came off my 2013 that was in a wicked accident. It looks good, is tough, believe me that accident was BAD, and is very useful. They make a bunch of different attachments for the bars for different purposes. I use mine to hold my fishing rods. Check it out. Think I got it off of AutoAnything but I’m not 100% sure. You could also call them directly. They will answer your questions about what system would suit you best. Their customer service is pretty good.

My chance you could post pics of the rack that holds your fishing rods ? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure. I’ll take a pic later on today and put it up for you.
Very interested in this picture. A cab roof rack is on my list of mods. There are lots of specific models for other "overlanding" vehicles but not for Ram trucks. Would like to see how the Rhino looks. TIA

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s coming guys, I promise. Started raining like mad yesterday after I got home from work and washed my truck and is still going at it. It’s gonna stop tonight. First thing tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok. Finally. This is my set up. Now there are rubber straps that snap on to the mounts that hold the rods in place. I take them off for the winter and since I’m not fishing yet, haven’t put them back on, but you get the idea. I can fit 2-3 rods on each side no problem. System really works well for what I use it for. And there are several different attachments to hold different kinds of things as well I believe. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
How about the SmittyBuilt roof rack ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts