DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 ram 1500 limited that I bought used with 57,000 miles on it. I love everything about the truck except... I was washing and waxing it a couple of days ago and leaned over the roof to apply wax. The next day I noticed a metalic sounding rattle coming from the roof of the truck when I close the doors or drive over bumps. The roof seems really flimsy and I can duplicate the sound my tapping on the roof. Pushing up on the headliner does not reduce the rattle. I do not have a sunroof, which is all i can find threads on related to roof rattle. I'm curious to know if anyone has any similar experiences/fixes. I'm a happy Chevrolet convert, but this rattle is ruining this experience. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update**************

I pulled the head liner down (which was quite a task) and was able to find the problem. The rattling was the roof bouncing and hitting the cross supports of the roof of the cab. I wedged a piece of cardboard in there (I tend to pinch pennies and didn't wanna pay for dynamat or something similar) and voila! No more rattle. PM me if you want more info on the solution!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts