DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running this on a 06-08 1500. Bought one installed it, having height issues in the front. Need clarity.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,593 Posts
Uh, running what? Did you forget something here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rough country 2.5 inch suspension lift. One inch blocks in rear with longer shocks, and a 2.5 extended strut in front.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,593 Posts
Sorry, it was pretty early when I read this.

I have the RC 2.5" front lift in the front, but going to change them out due to members talking about needless wear & tear on the ball joints. The ride is good, but moving up to Bilsteins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Right, I just rebuilt my frontend probably cause I ran spacers for two years and seen lots of rough terrain while hunting. Plus I run dirt roads frequently. I just decided to return the kit and go with bilsteins as well. That was the original plan anyways till I stumbled upon this kit, thought it would be cool for all around 2.5 lift. Would have kept it but front was 3" lower than rear with full kit installed. Only 1" of travel between top of front strut and bump stop. I was baffled

·
Registered
35 Posts
hello all,
what are your ratings about the 2006-2018 DODGE RAM 1500 2.5" LEVELING LIFT KIT MOTOFAB.
just installed on my '16 big horn 4x4 v6 gas. running 33x 17 tires.Does this level kit put a bad angle on the upper a arm? No real off road mainly for looks.

Thanks to all....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I run a 3" level.

The angles are not ideal, but they're still "acceptable".
This give it a noticeable amount of bump steer and a small amount of "wandering" at highway speeds, but its not bad.

Before I switched to (what i presumed was) OEM "heavy duty" shocks and springs, I had a disturbing amount of fishtailing when towing my jeep (weighing around 2,500 lbs with the trailer). Im not sure if the lift was a factor or if it was simply just worn shocks/springs.

Make sure to have it aligned twice - once immediately after installing the kit, and then again around 3-5k miles to verify nothings moving. I like to mark my bolts to make sure nothings loosening up on me.

I wouldn't worry much about CV axle or wheel bearing wear. I'd be more concerned with the alignment changing on you from the control arm bushings or something else loosening ever so slightly - IFS is extremely picky. I'd make sure you frequently examine your tires for abnormal wear, and rotate them regularly. If you see one part of the tread looking different than the rest, check your bolts, rotate them and get it aligned at a shop.

(Ignore the missing bushing in the sway bar, I was fiddling with stuff)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
The rough country 2.5 inch suspension lift kit. One inch blocks in rear with longer shocks, and a 2.5 extended strut in front.
I have a very dumb question - Everybody knows that suspension lift kits are superior to body lift kits as they provide better REAL clearance - here's the dumb question - WHY? Both types increase the angle of approach between bumper and tire and whichever type you use the axle and difs remain the same height above ground level - what am I missing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts