DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought a 2011 1500 Big Horn last August. Im now thinking of putting a lift on, and stumbled upon the Rough Country 3.75 combo. Ive searched the forums and have tried to soak up the information available. Im wanting to keep stock wheels for right now(monetary issues lol) with 35in tires. How do you guys think this will work? Is the Rough Country lift a quality lift? I appreciate the advice and discussion.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Its a quality kit and many have this combo. Definitely worth the money it cost for a 4" lift. I say do it!

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Hey thanks guy! You should scrap your combo kit idea and do my setup ;)

Whats your plans for rims and tires?

·
Registered
131 Posts
You could also go my route (although I haven't installed everything yet), Bilstein shocks and a 1.25'' RCX BL. I don't have the $$$ for a 4'' suspension lift so I thought my route was a good alternative too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey thanks guy! You should scrap your combo kit idea and do my setup ;)

Whats your plans for rims and tires?
I was thinking about those misfit wheels in black but they look like a bitch to keep clean. So I'm looking for something easier to keep clean. As for tires I'm not sure. Maybe some 35 inch terra grapplers.

I would love to do a setup like yours but unfortunately I'd be 88 by the time I could afford it lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could also go my route (although I haven't installed everything yet), Bilstein shocks and a 1.25'' RCX BL. I don't have the $$$ for a 4'' suspension lift so I thought my route was a good alternative too.
Will that give you around 4 inches of lift?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have that lift combo myself. Not the tires yet but I am sure they will fit! I love the lift with 0 ride difference!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies dudes. I still haven't made a purchase because I'm unsure of total cost and from what I've heard most shops around here want an arm and a leg for installation.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you have any pics of this setup?

·
Registered
46 Posts
RC Combo 3.75 kit on 2012 Ram

I have the combo kit you are talking about. Got it next day shipping and only paid 249 out the door with military discount. I installed it with a buddy to save on installation. Took us about 4 hours total time including the bull bar. I also got some Bushwacker Pocket style flares at the paint shop right now. Should have them on in a few days. The ride quality is amazing. It is smoother than stock. I did not lift the bumper, however, because I installed a light bar and didnt want to screw up the exhaust tips since they are in the bumper. If you have any other questions just ask. Oh by the way, the lower fan shroud is no longer used after installation. This is not mentioned anywhere. So be aware before you commit. Here is a pic so far. I am installing toyo mt 35's with the stock wheels because I dont want to screw with the TPMS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts