DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:4-dontknow:Hey guys, finally received my new baby, a 2012 ram sport and i ordered myself a 2.5" levelling kit from rough country. Before i installed it i made sure to check with my dealership about any warranty issues i would have with this kit. To my surprise they told me it would void my cv warranty and if they were to crap out they wouldn't cover it???? Can they do this?? will a small 2.5" lift be enough to alter the cv angles so much??? i really hope u guys can help me out!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
EHHH, I was told by a District Manager in Salt Lake city, that the only thing to worry about is a Tranny going out. He said that they have to PROVE that the lift kit caused damage. And he said that thats almost impossible. Sounds like you just have a Dirt Bag for a dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
:4-dontknow:Hey guys, finally received my new baby, a 2012 ram sport and i ordered myself a 2.5" levelling kit from rough country. Before i installed it i made sure to check with my dealership about any warranty issues i would have with this kit. To my surprise they told me it would void my cv warranty and if they were to crap out they wouldn't cover it???? Can they do this?? will a small 2.5" lift be enough to alter the cv angles so much??? i really hope u guys can help me out!!
My friend (user name Sbuds) did the same as you! The dealer installed it for him and asured him no warranty issues! Same dealer has a NEW Ram on there lot for sale with a dealer installed 4in lift with NO warranty worries! You might want to check with another dealer if possible! Have you noticed you truck has no fuel tank BAFFLES yet?:wavey:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the replies guys, no i haven't noticed the fuel tank has no baffles? I had the 120 litre tank installed ( the bigger one ), so i don't know if that one is different? The only issues i have come across so far is the terrible paint job, bumps and paint swirls all over the box panels, and my hidden usb cable behind my upper glove box. The dealership told me that they have 4 trucks with this installed levelling kit and they have nothing but problems with them?? Funny thing is i have buds with new fords, chevs and nissan all with the same levelling kit and they have no issues with the lift and their dealers. I have called dodge themselves and they told me the final decision rest apon each dealership.......BS. also i was told that the only lift they WILL warranty is the Mopar 4 inch lift. ohh by the way that one is 4000$ +

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanx for the replies guys, no i haven't noticed the fuel tank has no baffles? I had the 120 litre tank installed ( the bigger one ), so i don't know if that one is different? The only issues i have come across so far is the terrible paint job, bumps and paint swirls all over the box panels, and my hidden usb cable behind my upper glove box. The dealership told me that they have 4 trucks with this installed levelling kit and they have nothing but problems with them?? Funny thing is i have buds with new fords, chevs and nissan all with the same levelling kit and they have no issues with the lift and their dealers. I have called dodge themselves and they told me the final decision rest apon each dealership.......BS. also i was told that the only lift they WILL warranty is the Mopar 4 inch lift. ohh by the way that one is 4000$ +
Thats crap! Your dealer is just being stupid! That being said I love my new Ram Sport save for one issue! I have the 32gal. tank as well and when it gets down to 3/4 FULL and I stop there is a noticable hit or thunk behind me a few secs later! At first I thought it might be tranny! Dealer siad no its FUEL SLOSH and everyone is complaining about the lack of fuel tank BAFFLES on this tank! It does become less noticable after 1/2 FULL! I would have GLADLY PAID EXTRA for the BAFFLES!! Hope your lift issue gets resolved to your satisfaction!!! Good Luck!! PS: Read my thread and responces this forum Fuel Tank Baffles!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys, just thought i would give u boys an update on my sit. Just got off the phone with a chrysler customer service manager and he basically told me what i knew all along. told him what i planned on doing with the levelling kit and the answer i got from my dealership. He said this would not be an issue and that the only problem i would encounter would be if the part i installed were to fail that my warranty would not cover the lift itself. no problems there because the levelling kit is lifetime warranty with rough country. Also he said if the dealership were to give me gripes over my cv's giving out to contact him with my case number and all would be resolved! Very happy with this phone call and frankly I'm impressed with this fellows willingness to help me out~!! Now the only problem i can foresee is finding time to install this bad boy!!!

sincirly, ONE HAPPY CAMPER lol

·
Registered
797 Posts
hey man i had the same issue with the levelling kit, i have the rough country 2.5 front and 1.75 rear. i installed it and the dealer said it wouldnt be under warranty. where did you call to speak to someone regarding this? thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey man i had the same issue with the levelling kit, i have the rough country 2.5 front and 1.75 rear. i installed it and the dealer said it wouldnt be under warranty. where did you call to speak to someone regarding this? thanks
I called chrysler themselves, told them my issues and they were dealt with. Also i made sure the representative noted in my case file that HE told me my levelling kit would not affect my warranty. He also told me that if any issues would arise with the dealership to simply call back and they would resolve it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts