DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the rough country leveling kit for my 2011 dodge ram slt. i have read that they arent as good as the bilsteins.

can anyone give me advice as to if i should send the rough country level kit back and get the bilsteins, if you have either one please comment on your experience.

thanks

jordan

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have never had the RC level but I do have the Bilsteins on and have had them on for over a year. They completely transformed my truck on road and off road. Especially off road for the extra clearance. I have had no issues with them ever since I got them (knock on plastic) however, I did keep the factory ones just in case.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never had the RC level but I do have the Bilsteins on and have had them on for over a year. They completely transformed my truck on road and off road. Especially off road for the extra clearance. I have had no issues with them ever since I got them (knock on plastic) however, I did keep the factory ones just in case.

Did you do both front and rear or just front?

I have the RC now and im debating sending them back or using them for a while.

·
8,036 Posts
The Bilsteins are a far better option than spacers for a handful of reasons. You can read up on them in the Guide to Leveling linked in my signature.

The Bilstein's come separately, not in pairs. So you will need to order two if that's the route you take.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How do you like those? how do they perform in aspects of:

comfort
quietness
mpg
snow
rain
mud
Comfort is a 10/10 ( at 50 PSI you can barely feel any small bumps on the road)
Quietness ( can't hear them at all, no different than factory tires.)
Mpg ( very minor decrease probably .5 miles on the highway at most)
Snow ( haven't been able to ride in snow yet)
Rain: (beautiful!! Not one sign of hydro plane. At highway speeds with the right wipers in heavy heavy rain with puddles everywhere I am able to cruise control at 70 still.)
Mud: ( they do pack up with mud at low speeds pretty bad, However, With the 5.7L hemi and some tire spin they self clean nice. You just gotta get them spinning and they will keep you moving)

Something I wanted to add. One major difference I noticed with my KO2's compared to when I had the streets was braking. It does take a bit longer to brake. Also, getting off a highway ramp you are going to have to take it slower. I did hear some screeching going 45 off a 25 mph exit ramp. So now I just keep it at 35 mph on ramps like that and I am fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Comfort is a 10/10 ( at 50 PSI you can barely feel any small bumps on the road)
Quietness ( can't hear them at all, no different than factory tires.)
Mpg ( very minor decrease probably .5 miles on the highway at most)
Snow ( haven't been able to ride in snow yet)
Rain: (beautiful!! Not one sign of hydro plane. At highway speeds with the right wipers in heavy heavy rain with puddles everywhere I am able to cruise control at 70 still.)
Mud: ( they do pack up with mud at low speeds pretty bad, However, With the 5.7L hemi and some tire spin they self clean nice. You just gotta get them spinning and they will keep you moving)

Something I wanted to add. One major difference I noticed with my KO2's compared to when I had the streets was braking. It does take a bit longer to brake. Also, getting off a highway ramp you are going to have to take it slower. I did hear some screeching going 45 off a 25 mph exit ramp. So now I just keep it at 35 mph on ramps like that and I am fine.

Awesome i appreciate the information. where did you get yours or what site is the best for those brand?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Awesome i appreciate the information. where did you get yours or what site is the best for those brand?
Tirebuyer (dot) com had the best deals on the net at the time I bought mine. They gave me a $40 discount, shipped them to the tire place for installation and helped me with the 70$ rebate card.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Rc leveling kit on my 2007 Ram 1500 and I love it.I got what i was looking for fairly easy to install and Ive had no issues. I just broke 100k miles and Im still all original suspension other than replacing the rear shocks that came with the kit.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I went with the bilsteins set at 2.8 and love them. I also put the bfg ko2's and they're awesome in the snow!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 2.5" rough country kit on my 2013 1500, I installed it about a week ago and had 0 problems out of it, and the truck looks great. The one thing I will say is that the install was a B****!!!! You have to compress the struts, remove the top nuts, and put the spacer in there, it doesn't simply sit on top of the strut like most leveling kits, you actually put it in the strut. It sucked, but for 60 bucks you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my Bilsteins put in yesterday, set at 2.8

Drives very nice ,truck looks great and the week before I got new skins ,BFG KO2s 275/65R20s

My buddy and brother run the same tires and love `em and so do I.

PT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts