DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ram 1500 RWD Tradesman. Recently (almost a week now) it has been idling rough when in park, and when stopped at a light or stop sign. It is somewhat intermittent, as it does not always idle rough upon start up, and can take a couple minutes. It probably isn't visible to anyone outside it, but it feels like the whole truck is shaking and vibrating. No changes in RPM. I checked my air filter and just did a oil change the day after it started the rough idle. There don't seem to be any noises besides the usual "Hemi-tick". It just shakes like you're on the worst road in the world when you're stopped. Any ideas? I've thought about doing a tune up next, I'm about due for one.
119,000 miles-ish

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac
1,499 Posts
How does the engine perform at wide open throttle? Any flickering engine lights?

Sounds like it needs the exhaust manifold bolts/gaskets replaced, spark plugs, and any other 100k mile fluids. If it fails the pedal to the metal test and triggers a misfire, highly probable that it’ll need cam and lifters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no flickering lights. Nothing seems to be wrong with it besides the shaking when at idle. No sounds either besides the usual hemi tick. I ran some Lucas in it on this last fill up and I'm just below half a tank and nothing's changed. It feels like it shakes more in the front seat area than towards the engine.
How does the engine perform at wide open throttle? Any flickering engine lights?

Sounds like it needs the exhaust manifold bolts/gaskets replaced, spark plugs, and any other 100k mile fluids. If it fails the pedal to the metal test and triggers a misfire, highly probable that it’ll need cam and lifters.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Have you changed your plugs ever? That’s a place to start looking, pull the plugs and show us what they look like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts