DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2010 Ram 1500 Big Horn, and love it. Having one problem with the engine though that I'd appreciate insight on. The engine runs rough when it's under light acceleration, and is especially rough around 1,500 rpms. At higher RPMs or under fuller throttle it runs smooth as can be. Idle is good, no check engine light, and no codes tripping. It almost sounds like it's in the wrong gear and bogs down. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Welcome to the forumz. First and easiest thing to do would be to clean the throttle body. It only takes a few minutes and you might be surprised at how well it will help your truck run. You may consider disconnecting the battery while you're at it to clear the memory. It will relearn with the clean throttle body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like an easy task, and good to do either time. I'll be sure to give an update after giving that a try. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Sure. Definitely let us know if it helps. Might want to swap/clean the air filter and intake at the same time. Only takes a few more minutes.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
So, how did it turn out?

·
Registered
21 Posts
H2oman that’s something I never thought of when cleaning the throttle body. Makes sense to let it relearn on a clean throttle body. Should speed up the time it takes to learn.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, this sounds like the same issue I had with my truck (2010 1500 Laramie with Hemi). Its a sort of fluttering / rough running - turned out to be caused by the MDS. Try turning MDS off by manually shifting down to run in 5 rather than drive, (this turns MDS off) and you'll probably find it runs smoothly through the rpm range.
If you want to turn MDS off properly without having to shift down/up each time you can do it with a diablosport tuner

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
The Edge Pulsar also enables you to disable MDS without the expense of a full tuner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts