DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Well there is an inner fender well and I believe two sheets of metal so it's hard to believe that would be the result of a rock or something hitting from the inside. From the pics it sure looks like rust forming but on a 2010, wow I would hope not. When you press in on it does it give at all ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn near impossible for rock to do that from inside. What else can do that?
Weight? towing ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
That is exactly what the rust on my 97 looked like when it started, but it was on the drivers side front fender.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's Obviously got lots of warranty left (also got the extended lifetime/unlimitted mileage warranty which i never usually purchase) but will they wait until it makes a hole or fix it now? Also, how long before it pierce through?
How does a new truck gets this?
Is this a sign of things to come on this truck? Guess I'll get my money's worth on the extended warranty? Just looked it up an maximum $2000.00

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
If it's rust and get repaired under warranty, the problem would be solved right?
Difficult question to answer, it depends if any other areas have started. :4-dontknow: I know this is little comfort now but I have been a firm believer in Krown rustproofing and I have had mine done each year since new (three treatments now). It's never to late to start the program however they (Krown) will only warranty the vehicle if done from new. At the very least it would retard any other areas that have not progressed as far. As I stated in my earlier post I truly hope this is not rust as it usually takes a lot longer for it to show up as blisters under the paint. Good luck and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Its rust for sure 100%

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Showed the body shop at dealer and he is 100% sure it isn't rust.
Getting truck in for an other issue (warranty, rust showing through rivets between bed and cab) and he will take wheel well aprt and check underneat.
He thinks a rock might have worked itself there and he think it's still stucked there. I'll be sure to be there and take a look myself when he
Looks it up!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
has the op been to the dealer yet?
Yes, I have and Showed the body shop at dealer and he is 100% sure it isn't rust.
Getting truck in for an other issue (warranty, rust showing through rivets between bed and cab) and he will take wheel well aprt and check underneat.
He thinks a rock might have worked itself there and he think it's still stucked there. I'll be sure to be there and take a look myself when he
Looks it up!

·
Banned
195 Posts
Factory defect? I mean come on. Can you produce thousands of completely FLAWLESS trucks down a line?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'm curious to see what they find. I might be wrong but I agree with the dealer. Looks like a rock or something else has struck it from the inside somehow.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts