DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler sent me a safety recall (P78/NHTSA 14V-770) Stating that there is a defect in the passener side airbag on Ram trucks 2002-2005 in the 1500/2500/3500 models. It states the airbag inflator housing may rupture due to excessive internal pressure. That it is more likely to occur if my vehicle has been exposed to high levels of humidity for extended periods of time.

I researched this a bit and found several complaints that if your dash is cracked that this recall cannot be completed.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone heard if Chrysler will ever do anything about the dashboard issue?

Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got our notice and made an appointment. Was wondering if anybody has had this done and what the condition of the dashboard was after the fix. I'm concerned they'll be squeaks and rattles...

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Chrysler sent me a safety recall (P78/NHTSA 14V-770) Stating that there is a defect in the passener side airbag on Ram trucks 2002-2005 in the 1500/2500/3500 models. It states the airbag inflator housing may rupture due to excessive internal pressure. That it is more likely to occur if my vehicle has been exposed to high levels of humidity for extended periods of time.

I researched this a bit and found several complaints that if your dash is cracked that this recall cannot be completed.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone heard if Chrysler will ever do anything about the dashboard issue?

Thanks for the insight.
Just got our notice and made an appointment. Was wondering if anybody has had this done and what the condition of the dashboard was after the fix. I'm concerned they'll be squeaks and rattles...
Okay to save you both some trouble if you have the OPTIONAL side curtain airbags you will not need the recall. The side bag trucks have a working airbag. If you do NOT have the OPTIONAL side airbags you WILL need the replacement.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have'nt got mine yet. Im betting they will make you sing a waiver releasing them from and further damage to the dash and having to replace it. I need my dash replaced... Crazy how it cracked. One day is was smooth and beautiful and the next a huge crack, then another, then another...

I have read of pieces flying off when you have the windows open and stabbing people. but then again its the internet, cant believe everything you read......some people "extend" the truth to much

·
Registered
13 Posts
We took it in and the removed the glove box and checked the airbag behind there and determined ours did not need replacing (which the service manager said that a rarity - about 3% of the time).

Can't determine if we have the side airbags or not, didn't see any special badging or tagging inside the cab...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts