DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My PaceSetter Long Tubes came in last week. I decide to strip them down and paint them with some high temperature bar-b-que paint. The paint is rated at 1200 degress. They even came with a sticker on them stating that they are not painted with high temperature paint, and that they recommend being painted. I was surprised that they came with the wiring for extending the O2 sensors, a wrap for the O2 sensors, and the header bolts. I will not be using the fiber gaskets that came with them, but instead, I'm picking up a set of OEM Mopar gaskets from the dealer tomorrow. Here are a few pictures of the results:

Straight out of the package:

Stripped/Scuffed:

Paint is drying:

Finished Product:

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
That bbq paint is good stuff! That should last a long time. Nice job!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks good, let us know how the install goes!
I'll be doing the install next weekend. Going hunting this weekend, so the exhaust will have to wait.

Do you have the y pipe from pace setter as well, or are you going to use the stock one?
I do have the PaceSetter Y-Pipe, I was told by a few of the local speed shops that most people don't coat the Y-Pipe because the headers take the brunt of the heat, and most of it is disipated through the headers. I may still coat the Y-Pipe as well.

just a dumb question... why BBQ paint over header paint ???
I had a few cans laying around the garage. They are rated at 1200 degrees. I only paid $213 shipped for the headers, so why spend any more money on a cheap set of headers? :LOL:

·
Registered
124 Posts
did you get the install done?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you get the install done?
Not yet, I've been swamped at work and haven't had the energy to get them on...Hopefully I'll get it done this week before I go out of town. I am being FORCED on a company paid trip to Vegas for the World of Concrete...:Banana01:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts