DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTH is going on with my sat radio? The reception is horrible here lately, Trees, even clouds will cause it to skip in and out of reception. Yesterday it was BEAUTIFUL, bright and sunny, and every 10-15 seconds the radio lost reception.

Where is the antenna for the sat radio? is it the small black antenna on the roof, or the antenna on the fender? If it draws its reception from the antenna on the fender, then I know what the problem is. My SickSpeed Stubby antenna...:doh: When I bought the stubby, I was under the impression that the sat radio drew its signal through the black box lookin' antenna on the roof.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have noticed the same thing and it is the black box on the roof !

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
the satellite antenna is on the roof in the rear passenger corner
it is quite possibly the worst place for the antenna, because bridges & leafy large trees block reception
On my last vehicle, i had the satellite radio installed after i bought it. It was an XM radio & the installer put the antenna on the windshield, lower drivers side corner. It worked real well because it was mounted on an angle, it could catch more communication satellite & repeaters mounted on buildings & high terrain like hills & mountains at a time, making for better reception.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You could possibly call sirius and get them to send a refresh signal to your radio to see if that will work. Had that happen to a old radio i had with xm, had them send a refreshed signal and it worked fine after that.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whew, I am glad I am not the only one, I am also glad my stubby is not the cause. LOL.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I completely forgot about the active solar flares & sun spots for the last couple weeks

It has been affecting my CB radio too

My dad would kick my butt, solar flares & sun spots seem to control weather & communications

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does the same. The dealership completely replaced the antenna and the wiring and harnesses from the antena all the way to the back of the radio and it had no effect. Another vehicle with the same radio, aftermarket radios, etc, do not have any of the disruptions like mine. Of course, "Chili" at the dealership couldn't explain what could be happening. Don't want to replace the radio, but the service dept has offered that option. I'll probably just let it expire. I bought the new lockpick recently and that is far more entertaining when you can stream netflix, pandora, and youtube directly to the screen. If I find out anymore info on this, I will repost here.

Brandon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts