DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago the screen in our ram 1500 went blank and has not come back on. The radio doesn't work and neither does the back up camera. I've seen that other people had similar problems but theirs came back on. Anyone know of any fix for this? Or just take it to the dealership?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Try to disconnect battery for 15minutes and then reconnect to reset radio. See if that brings the radio and display back. If it comes back it could take till overnight for the camera to comeback. If reset doesn't
work it will be time for dealer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Curious to know which screen you have in your truck. I'm guessing it's the 12 inch, but people have also had issues with the 8.4 inch screen. Also, what year and trim level is your truck?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have 19 Rebel with 12 inch screen. Common issue with 12 " screen. What is your firmware level, have you received ota update recently?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
A couple days ago the screen in our ram 1500 went blank and has not come back on. The radio doesn't work and neither does the back up camera. I've seen that other people had similar problems but theirs came back on. Anyone know of any fix for this? Or just take it to the dealership?
Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you checked if there's a software update for your vehicle? I would recommend starting there. Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
You pinched the cable in the rear tailgate , open and see cable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts