Votes: 41 20.4%
  • What the heck is it?

Votes: 16 8.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so far i think it works pretty well i put half in my Jeep's gas tank and it seems to have made it run a little better it stalled the first time though (i put in 1/2 maybe 2 much). what do you guys think of it? do you put it in the oil too? or is this just a waste of money?

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I have not used it, but i had my system done professionally, costly too

I have heard about people using it in the oil, but they didn't leave it in long, maybe 100 miles before the oil change, Chrysler says that no additives are needed in the todays oils, if you do regular oil changes

some SeaFoam cans are poured into the vacuum hose that goes to the booster brake cannister, it leads to the fuel system
the other type can feeds right into the throttle body
I don't know which is better, or if there is a difference

when you put the left over in the gas, you will want to have you tank more than 1/2 full

http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-use-sea-foam-motor-treatment.html

Reactions: hemiv8dodgeram1500

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
When we did the fuel induction services at a few shops I have worked at, BG (which I think is very close to Seafoam) was ran through the throttle body while running using a gravity fed Spray nozzle then the car was shut off and let the BG solution seep into the intake etc and then crunk up and blow all the carbon out. We did one on a honda civic that had almost 200,000 miles on it (was having the egr back up with carbon etc) and it def. cleaned it up and made it run better! Very interesting to see all the carbon that was blown out after it was crunk up!

·
Registered
49 Posts
sea foam

I had this stuff recommended by a mechanic in Ga when I had an older model honda with over 150.000 miles on it that was running extremely rough,after a bottle of this stuff in the gas tank that thing ran like new,ever since I've used this on many vehicles and I swear by it////:smileup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Been using it for some time...in everything from my 07 F-250 diesel, the new Ram, and even put some in my Husqvarna RZ 5424 zero turn mower. Keeps everything clean, but I have never tried it in the oil. Good stuff !!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
^They do make some fluid spec. For the tranny, i forget the name of it but its made by the same company.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Good stuff, I usually try to put it in the oil every 50,000 miles about 100ish or so miles right before I change the oil. Also at 50,000 miles I'll run it through a few vacuum lines. I try to put it in the gas tank every couple months or whenever I remember.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've use Seafoam for years.Use it in my motorcycles gas tank twice a year and in the Ram's tank every other oil change,keeps the carbon from building up.......:smileup::smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've never used it in a car or truck but have used it in the gas tank of the motorcycles I've owned through the years and it does seem to keep things running nice and smooth.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have owned several Searay Boats and they all get Seafoam. Their stabilizer is the best in the business. have used their fogging oil as well. This company has serviced the boating business forever.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
I have put 2oz per ten gallons of gas in my bass boat (200 optimax) 1999 since new and that thing is a beast and regularly takes my 20' boat past 65mph. Im a believer and I wont hesitate to put it in my ram

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a 2004 Chevy with a 5.3 V8. I got a check engine light indicating a faulty anti-knock sensor which is located somewhere under the intake manifold. Dealer said it would cost me a few hundred dollars to replace the sensor. I had heard that Seafoam was a great product for keeping your fuel system clean . I bought a can,added it to my gas tank after a fill up before leaving on a 2 hour trip. I only got about 15 or 20 minutes down the highway and the check engine light suddenly went out and never came back on. I now use it as an additive in all my gas engines from my lawnmower to my quad. It is supposed to be a pretty good fuel stabilizer as well. I run a can through my vehicles every 3-4 months.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^ Sea foam's great, but that is not what fixed your issue on your chevy. Cleaning inside the engine or fuel system has no effect on the knock sensors, sounds like you just got lucky. My buddy is actually dealing with a similar issue currently on his LS1 camaro. He replaced both knock sensors(under the intake manifold like you said) last weekend and still is getting a code when he scans the codes(he has his CEL disabled through HPTuners). He thinks he has some short in the harness or something.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have used sea foam in my 04 Jeep, 05 Ram and even ran a bit in the 09 Ram just for good measure after 40,000 miles. Never had any issues with it.

Great stuff.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I use it on everything I own. I run it through my truck about once a month or so. Great products
I found a thing of seafoam downstairs in our workshop. Next time you have a spare sec in chat or PM I would love to know what I should do with it. haha I had never heard of it until this site and just happened to stumble across some.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts