DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4x4 with leather seats that are heated and ventilated. I really want to get some Mossy Oak Seat Covers to protect the seats as I hunt a lot, but I also like to be able to use all the features of the truck that I paid for. What do you guys think? Will the seat covers interfere with the heating and ventilating function of the seats? Thanks for any help ya'll can provide.

Art

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
on my 04 3500, i used the dodge seat covers as i found the high setting on the heated seats a little to much and the low not enough. seat covers made it perfect. can't help on the blower part for cooling.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The seat covers will transfer the heat fairly decently. Since is a coil based design. The covers will act like an insulator to some extent, so the high setting will seem slightly lower since some of that thermal energy is going to be absorbed into the material. The ventilation on the cool setting uses tiny perforations in the leather to allow the air to circulate. If you cover up those holes, your not going to get much ventilation and as a result not much cooling since most of the air flow will be blocked. If you just get neoprene covers you might be okay, but most of those have padding and foam so don't expect the cooling feature to work all that great. The covers should however keep the seats from heating up as much in the sun so that could be plus.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts