DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped out the cloth bench seat in front and back with the leather seats that you can buy from mopar? I have a '17 Express and I'm not a fan of the cloth seats at all. I didn't think I'd miss leather seats but here we are....lol. If I swap them out I want to put in the same center console that's in the Big Horn but I don't know if it will fit. Any thoughts from people who have done this?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have not personally done it but I’ve seen other posts on here of people swapping out seats and or consoles instead of the center jump seat.

When I had my 2013 I installed very nice leather seat covers and no one would ever know they were seat covers. They cost about $500 at that time but there are some that cost much more then that. You might want to consider that route.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I agree with the recommendation of looking in to leather seat covers, specifically, Katzkin's. It will most likely be more cost effective as opposed to replacing the entire seats. This is the route I plan to go with my Big Horn.

https://katzkin.com/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with the recommendation of looking in to leather seat covers, specifically, Katzkin's. It will most likely be more cost effective as opposed to replacing the entire seats. This is the route I plan to go with my Big Horn.

https://katzkin.com/
I've seen the seat covers and I'm not opposed to that. I just really like the large center console. Which means I'd have to remove the bench seat and replace it with captain's chairs. So I figured why not switch to leather seats lol. Price will probably be my obstacle lol. Have to at least investigate it. Lol.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
I've seen the seat covers and I'm not opposed to that. I just really like the large center console. Which means I'd have to remove the bench seat and replace it with captain's chairs. So I figured why not switch to leather seats lol. Price will probably be my obstacle lol. Have to at least investigate it. Lol.
Ah. Well yea, if you're wanting the flow thru console as well then an actual interior swap might be your best bet. I do like the bigger console in my Big Horn but at the same time also liked the flip up one in my Express. With the 3 big cup holders and the power options it served me well.

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
Ebay, etc. will have seats & center console, if you don't have Auto Dismantling Yards near you
2013 - 2017 should all fit
2009 - 2012 seats would also fit, it is quite possible that the center console would fit too, but it is a different configuration

Ignore the CB Radio in both dashes

2009 - 2012

2013 - 2017

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
My dad has an extra bench seat he got from a buddy's 14 Express; he wanted the newer version with the cupholders for his 09, but for whatever reason he never installed it. I'd like abench seat up front but I'd still have to order all the dash pieces and retrofit a CD player if I used his

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm fairly certain you can replace just the center section of the bench seat with a console. ebay has center consoles, and then you could get the Katzkin covers as others mentioned.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm fairly certain you can replace just the center section of the bench seat with a console. ebay has center consoles, and then you could get the Katzkin covers as others mentioned.
I believe you are correct! The whole front seat doesn’t need to come out as it’s basically the same 2 seats as in any other truck, just the center seat needs to be swapped for a console which can be done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's really good information guys, thank you! The other option I was hoping to gain was a power seat for the drivers side as well. Does anyone know if you can put in the power drivers seat in an Express that doesn't have a power seat currently?

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
I wouldn't think that the Assembly Plant has more than one In Cab Wiring Harness
So every Ram would have the wiring for every option inside of the cab
Look under the seat, you may notice a slit in the carpet under the seat.
Feel around in that slit & you may find the wiring & connectors

Then if you get a power seat & the wiring pigtail, you should be able to plug it into the wiring harness.
It may just be plug & play, but possibly the dealership may need to activate it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts