DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am new to the site and have lots of questions about my new Ram. One thing I noticed is that my drivers seat is not the most comfortable. Has anyone else had a problem with this. Haven't owned a new car in a long time so I don't now if it's just a matter of breaking the seat in? I have the premium Cloth seats. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have purchased alot of new cars recently and would defiantly say there is a certain amount of break in. with that said i did not real think my new ram seats where uncomfortable i would say they are a little harder than my 2011 silverado's were.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's a trade off. I came from an 03 Camry that felt like I was slinking onto a couch whenever I got into it. It was comfortable, but didn't feel like I was driving a car as much as settling in to watch some TV. I personally like the feel of the driver's seat in the Ram. Any break in of the seat (I've got the premium cloth too) will probably just be enough to soften up the material.

I'd imagine that you could always go aftermarket with a seat cushion.

·
Registered
471 Posts
do what i did......i drove a toyota tacoma for a little under two yrs.then trade it for a dodge. youll love the seats...lol ...kidding aside i think these seats are pretty comfortable. they are a little on the firm side but i find them comfortable .

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like the firm seats. They do give some but I can't say that my last Ram was any different. Also, the headrest lines up perfectly for my head and just requires the slightest head tip back to relax into the seat on an extended drive.

Mike...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Wow, IMO, the seats in my truck are the most comfortable seats I've ever had other than a Maxima way back

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I was driving a ford explorer with leather seats before the ram. Those seats were fantastic. My lower back hurts after 20 minutes in the truck. Hope they break in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all! I am new to the site and have lots of questions about my new Ram. One thing I noticed is that my drivers seat is not the most comfortable. Has anyone else had a problem with this. Haven't owned a new car in a long time so I don't now if it's just a matter of breaking the seat in? I have the premium Cloth seats. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I'm with you... it really depends on your body as much as anything. My 05 Ram (power)seats were fine but I find these to be too hard with no lumbar support. I had some foam added in the seat back for lumbar support and it is better but not great. I test drove a Cadillac CTS today and the seats were much better suited to my size. I think the base of the Ram seats are much bigger than in a car and extend further out your legs. For me this is uncomfortable but for someone taller, it is probably fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hated the seats at first. I find that tall people tend to like the seats better. I am 5'7". I have the premium cloth as well. I usually get power seats but chose to skimp this time. I couldn't stand to drive this truck until I modified two things. I removed the cover from the headrest and bent the structure so that it would not push my head forward until my chin was in my chest. I also shimmed the back two seat legs on my (the driver) seat. Now it is comfortable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I found the non-power seats to be uncomfortable. If you totally cant get along with the seat it may pay to have a Power Seat put in. It was cost alot but would be cheaper than trading it in.

On the non power seat, the bottom cushion pressed behind my knees right on a nerve causing my legs to want to go to sleep.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes, I am 6'2 220 and I love the seat. I can see where a shorter person could have issues. I know as a tall person I have troubles with the seats in small cars not supporting my legs as well because they end to soon.

mikeski...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have manual seats and my driver is squeaking like crazy... Every little motion makes it squeak... Taking it in to get it fixed.... Other than that they are comfortable to me at least... Compared to a 09 GMC 1500

·
Registered
59 Posts
I hated the seats at first. I find that tall people tend to like the seats better. I am 5'7". I have the premium cloth as well. I usually get power seats but chose to skimp this time. I couldn't stand to drive this truck until I modified two things. I removed the cover from the headrest and bent the structure so that it would not push my head forward until my chin was in my chest. I also shimmed the back two seat legs on my (the driver) seat. Now it is comfortable.
I also had to "fix" the headrest since it hit me right square in the back of my head and made me drive with my head tilted fwd. I just turned them around so that the pointy part at the top points backward. I shimmed the rear of my seat too. It helped some. adding the foam to the lumbar area helped the most.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
has anyone thought of trying to put in some seats from a R/T or SRT.....I don't mind the seats in the truck, but the SRT seats are just crazy comfy....may do some digging for tax time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts