DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just purchased a used RBZ from Ebay from a reputable seller but it needs the security code. I know there is no way to guarantee that the radio isn't stolen but I don't think a power seller with 100% feedback would sell a stolen radio & then lie about it. He has contacted his radio guy who works in a dealership to get me the code but is there any other way? Is there a universal code? The radio is from a 2012 Caravan & I am installing it in my 2010 Ram so I know it won't recognize the serial number in my truck & it needs the unlock code. He is willing to take it back & refund me all my money plus shipping but since it's here I would rather find a way to keep it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I recently upgraded to the RBZ on my 2011. The radio came from a wrecked 2010 town and country mini van and it required no security code. Is the seller telling you about the security code or is this something that is showing on the radio when you installed it? Maybe 2012 radios are just not compatible with you 2010?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It is right on the face, anti theft. Without the security code the radio may be worhtless unless someone knows how to unlock it.

I would look for a 2010 or 2011 unit without the security feature.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
most times the code is 1234
of course it is not always that easy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for theTSB, I figured there would be a procedure like that. Looks like the seller was right in contacting his guy at the dealership, unfortunately now that it is the weekend I may have to wait until Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts