DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Advice on Lift/Tires for 07 1500 Big Horn driven daily

I am looking to replace my balding tires and add a lift kit to my tuck. I am looking at a lift kit to add 2-3 inches of lift and tires that will look good, offer a good ride and wear well as I drive this truck to/from work.

The truck will be used for hauling my ATV in the back, some off roading, interstate driving to/from work and family vacations.

Truck Details:
Year 2007
Model: 4-Door ST Big Horn
Engine 4.7L Magnum
Drive: 4x4
Being driven in Indiana weather (snow, rain, ice, heat, humidity)

Needs:
Lift Needs to Maintain or Improve Ride Quality
Tires need to be able to handle interstate driving both in rain/snow as well as have good tire life. Truck will be offroad some
Would like some better handling/control. Currently when driving interstate if I hit some bumps or a hole I feel the truck bounce/shift almost as if a slight hydroplane. Not really sure how to describe it other than that.

Looking around I have found tons of tires and lift kits, but want to hear from people who have them and their comments to help make a good choice for tire/lift combination to get the the aggressive offroad look I want while maintaining or improving the ride quality.

So far from reading the forums it seems a majority of people like the Bilstein 5100s to lift the front end and help reduce bouncing. So any suggestions or builds for lifts and tires from that would be helpful. Please include all info to as I would rather do it all at once and do it right instead of piece by piece.

In the end I would like an overall 3-6 inch lift, wide tires that stick out from the truck maybe 1-2 inches giving it a nice offroad/aggressive stance and improve ride quality/handling.

Thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you want to do it right I would avoid a leveling kit and just go for a 4" lift kit. Too many people report vibrations after installing them to make me feel comfortable with suggesting one. I hear the Superlift with the Bilstein shock upgrade improves ride quality and with only being a 4" may still prove to be a viable daily commuter. Add on some 295/60r20 Nitto TrailGrappler and you should be golden at around 5" of overall lift.

I may be suggesting this because thats what I will be doing in 2 months.. lol.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,225 Posts
I would take a look at a BDS lift, they are a bit pricey, but nice. Since you will be doing some light offroading I would suggest a mud terrain tire, such as Toyo M/Ts or an aggressive all terrain tire, Mickey T ATZ. I have never driven in snow, so I would look at reviews and see how the different tires perform in all types of weather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts