DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo...I replaced the wheel hubs in my 2010 1500 4x4 4.7 a few weeks ago.
I had a very hard time removing the old hub from spindle. I looked at youtube. One of my attempts to free included using a pry par lodged against the lower arm and wheel hub, Hoping to use pressure steering to try to force the hub free. I felt stupid doing it the whole time. I didnt jerk it or force it but I applied max of what i thought it could take. Nothing appears bent or out of place. I didnt hear anything break, skip, or abnormal.

I was able to change out both hubs and get it all back together. Pulls to the right. Took it in to a trusted shop for alignment. They showed me where it is within specs, but still pulls hard right. Spent an hour underneath with a beer. Nothing is bent or broken. Looks like a seal on right side of rack and pinion has about a silver dollar size spot where fluid was leaking. Full turn left hits bump stop on spindle. Full turn right is about 1/4 inch away form bump stop.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Jack up front end and see if both tires spin the same, could be a dragging brake or a bearing going bad. While it's up check both wheels for side to side and up and down play.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything rotates easy. No play at all in wheel hub. When wheels are straight and truck is idling in park, the wheel will on its own or very little touch turn right on its own.

Im guessing I blew a seal on the right side of rack and pinion or pressure is unequal, but I dont know how those work.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds like caster is off. Some shops don't check for it. If you still have the paper most shops give you with the specs I'd see if they even looked at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe they said they tried that, but I will check again. I guess the best thing to do is take it dealer at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts