DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted on here before about how I brought my truck into the dealership because the EVIC showed the service 4wd light and the dealer said it was a front left wheel speed sensor. He then wiped the codes and told me to see if it would come back on, which it did 3 weeks later. So i brought it back in and they told me they would need to replace the sensor but they are on back order for an indefinite amount of time...

I told them I was disgusted because I have had so many problems with the ram. Leaking ramboxes, which are on back order on the seals until April 13th, it wouldnt start 2 weeks ago so i had to have it towed (they told me it was a computer glitch) Pfft! :mad: and the speed sensor. He then gave me a number to call for a customer representative. Has anybody done this before?

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to summarize my experience after buying a new truck :(

·
Registered
917 Posts
I had so many problems with my 11 and costumer service was great, every time dealer gave me hard time they called back to the dealer. Things are fixed much faster when corporation gets involved.

CONTACT DODGE - Customer Assistance If you would like to talk to us about product concerns or dealer issues, please contact us. Be sure to have your vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage on the odometer ready OR include with your correspondence.

You may also want to contact us with general questions or comments.
Send us an Email

Contact Us by Telephone
1-800-423-6343 (1-800-4A-DODGE)
M-F 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET
SAT/SUN 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET

Contact Us by Mail:
Dodge Customer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 21-8007
Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007

Reactions: Unfairkickazz93

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gone to 1 other dealership. The closest one is 25min away.

I call customer care and the told me they would get back with me on Monday with some dates and they will try to expedite the parts.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't had time to update my situation yet. The problem was fixed about 1.5 weeks ago.
I brought my truck to yet another dealership and told them my situation, I also expressed my concern about the traction control not working. They got me a rental car (a grand caravan...). They ordered the back ordered speed sensor. The next day they put a speed sensor they had gotten out of a vehicle on their lot. This did not fix the problem, they then traced the wire up to the ABS module and found that water had gotten in there and corroded it. They cleaned it up and put dielectric grease on it. PROBLEM SOLVED!

I would recommend everyone to check their seals on the abs module as they said mine were fine...

Again sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
glad they fixed it...and with old fashioned troubleshooting to boot!
That is one thing that really irks me, most of the time they need a code on to do anything

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like you found a dealer that cares about customers. That is really a lost art these days. Its all about what they can get out of you, instead of honoring their end of the deal and taking care of you, THE CUSTOMER!!!! Glad you figured it out and got it back on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts