DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I live in northern michigan and we got 10 inches of snowlast night. Anyways I was driving 10 or so miles in 4wd going about 30mph and then the abs light, traction control light came on and stayed on. On the evic it said service 4wd. I have an appointment at the dealer on monday but does anyone have any knowledge on what it could be?

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Okay now that is strange on a brand new truck. Did you cycle it of off 4wd and back on to see if the problems clears ? It will definitely be covered under the warranty but it does seem a bit early to be having problems like this. I've had no problems like that with mine to date.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
Mine did this back in the fall. Check you're 4wd harness and your abs/speed sensor wire.

My Swamper chewed through my abs speed sensor wire on the passnger side. Quick fix was to solder it, electrical tape it and zip tie to the knuckle.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did put it in 2wd and then back to 4wd resulting in the same lights. I also check to see if the abs wasn't working so I slammed on the brakes in the snow (on purpose) and it worked fine. The truck has less than 500mi on it

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I brought it to the dealer today and they said it was the left front speed sensor. They cleared the codes and sent me on my way and told me if it comes back on bring it back...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts