DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys this is a first for me. here's the story

I was trying to get out of an incline full of ice onto the highway in 2wd. Traction control was working hard chugging away. The moment I got on to the highway and TC laid off I got the 'service 4wd" message. I was like Oh &hit

So after stopping the truck and shutting her down, restarted it. Its gone??? Could it be from the TC working to hard or?

I just dont feel like an hour trip to the dealer to say this happened and them sending me home.

What do you guys think??

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow.. don't know the answer to that one I would call the dealership first and see what they say.
Yeah I think I might, if it comes on again Ill go in. But its hard for them to do anything if the lights not on or shooting out a code.

It is puzzling me a bit

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just brought it into the dealer for this. I had noticed this a few times. I just shut off the truck and restarted and all was good. I also read others had same issue so i never bothered with it. The dealer called me about "2 recalls or service actions" about 3 weeks ago. One was for the key fob not starting the vehicle in the ignition slot(which never happened to me) the other was for the "service 4 wheel drive" light coming on for no reason (which I had happen a few times when switching from 4wd to 2wd and then getting tires to spin.......like flying around my back yard) No one else got called on this? I will check and see what the paperwork says if you guys are interested, I believe they just did some kind of reflash/reprogram for both of them. I was at the dealer a whole 35 minutes.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
+1

service re-flash, plus the code is in the computer even if you dont see it anymore,...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kind of the same thing happend to me had a good snow blast had to make a fast u turn ground was really wet turned the tc off and gunned her, man did she hook up was really proud but then the truck would not shift in to over drive short drive home shut truck off and went down road and was fine think a trip to the dealership is coming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts