DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I recently got a leveling kit on my truck. I also had NITTO 295/60R20 tires put on factory clad rims. My truck is a 2013 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab.

After I had my tires and the leveling kit put on my truck I was driving home and the service electronic braking system came light came on my truck. I have looked through some threads and have not seen much on the issue.

Is there a wire issue or fuse issue? Anyone ever deal with this problem before? I know that there was a thread I read somewhere about the issue however I cannot seem to find it. I would much much rather not bring my truck to the dealer as it seems 80% of the time they don't know what the issue it is and 95% of the time they will overcharge for the most insignificant thing.

Please any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solution

Nobody replied to my thread on this however I did manage to find out how to solve my problem.

I have a friend who is a dodge mechanic and he said most likely the wheel speed sensor was causing this issue.

I drove around with this issue for about 5k miles and never had an issue except my cruise control would not work.

I finally found out that the issue I was experiencing was my alignment. Apparently my alignment was jacked up and was causing a fault within my system. Not saying this is everyones problem but if you are getting a light that says Service Electronic Braking System then I would say try getting an alignment.

As soon as I got mine done the light went away and has been gone and stayed gone. Hope this might help someone. Thanks

Reactions: Dbuerge7

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution

Nobody replied to my thread on this however I did manage to find out how to solve my problem.

I have a friend who is a dodge mechanic and he said most likely the wheel speed sensor was causing this issue.

I drove around with this issue for about 5k miles and never had an issue except my cruise control would not work.

I finally found out that the issue I was experiencing was my alignment. Apparently my alignment was jacked up and was causing a fault within my system. Not saying this is everyones problem but if you are getting a light that says Service Electronic Braking System then I would say try getting an alignment.

As soon as I got mine done the light went away and has been gone and stayed gone. Hope this might help someone. Thanks
I got a level kit on my 2014 ram 1500 and realigned my truck and the light still came on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts