DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting, I just had the same thing happen to my 2018 RAM 1500 5.7 hemi, sitting at the dealership now waiting to see what happens
After 45 minutes the technician came out and asked if I was"Power Braking" the truck, after I said I was 52 not 15 he disappeared again for another 45 minutes then returned to say they couldn't find anything wrong and to come back if it happens again ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2017 Ram 1500 Hemi with 7500 miles. Haven't had any issues other than noisy brakes (still not fixed)

I just got a Service Electronic Throttle Control message along with a check engine light and the truck would hardly idle. I didn't attempt to drive it.

I plan on calling the dealer tomorrow, but i was curious if
anyone had this issue before? If so, let me know what happened.

Thank You
Brian
Hey I just stumbled across this post. I have a 2016 3/4 ton Ram with the 6.4 Hemi. I purchased it brand new with 31 miles on it after my test drive. My first initial problems started around 9,000 miles. Same exact code as yours. Long story short it’s happened over a thousand times since then. It’s been in the shop 11 times documented for the same issue. It’s had work done to the air box 4 different throttle body’s and 5 PCMs with numerous wiring harness’s it’s been in 3 different dealerships all finding the same things. PCM or throttle bodies. My truck is a lifted crew cab 4x4 that was all done at the dealership. I have taught with customer care several times and thought I was starting the arbitration process but was told the only thing that could be done was to give me the Max Care plan for another 33,000 miles.. which does no good cause it s a $100 deductible each visit with it. My dealer has been upfront with me and just shakes his head. The issue will be intermittent comes and goes. Mainly found it to be more prevalent while left idling. My dealer did finally get me a phone number to the actual arbitration place. It’s NCDS phone # 800-777-8119 it’s different from the one in my lemon law book.. I just received thier result today. They denied replacing my truck. And Ram isn’t helpful either. I’m denying thier finding and hiring a lawyer to further get relief. I actually love my truck and have been a loyal customer for 20 plus years. With 5 trucks 4jeeps and a Durango. This will probably be my last Purchase from them.. if someone can find a fix I would greatly appreciated it. FCA US LLCs response was that the vehicle was still drivable and therefore does not hinder the value or use of my vehicle.. I could go on and on with info and they will probably delete this I figure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had the same issue today with my 2015 Ecodiesel with 86000 miles, I took my truck to the dealer Planet Dodge in Miami the Services guy char me $270.00 just to assess the issue, they said that the warranty I have doesn't cover this problem. I ended leaving my truck in the dealer, renting a car with my money and the guy with no helping face said that maybe tomorrow the mechanic can check my truck. I'm a RAM lover but I think its time to go the gas Hemi and forget about ECOProblems. I will appreciate any help or recommendations.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I just had the same issue today with my 2015 Ecodiesel with 86000 miles, I took my truck to the dealer Planet Dodge in Miami the Services guy char me $270.00 just to assess the issue, they said that the warranty I have doesn't cover this problem. I ended leaving my truck in the dealer, renting a car with my money and the guy with no helping face said that maybe tomorrow the mechanic can check my truck. I'm a RAM lover but I think its time to go the gas Hemi and forget about ECOProblems. I will appreciate any help or recommendations.
Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, silvio. Please know that our team is just a private message away if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, silvio. Please know that our team is just a private message away if you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer.
Thank you, Mark,
how can I send you a private message?
Please I really need some help.
Silvio

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning

Mark
RamCares
SOS RamCares
Can you guys do something about it, my truck is boing in the dealer for 2 days waiting for the mechanic to assess the Issue and me pain for Car Rental.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Good morning

SOS RamCares
Can you guys do something about it, my truck is boing in the dealer for 2 days waiting for the mechanic to assess the Issue and me pain for Car Rental.
Hey silvio,

Please know that you can send us a private message by hovering your mouse over our profile icon. Once you do so, you should see the options 'Follow' & 'Message'. Please select Message to get a private thread started with us. Hope to hear from you soon!

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone get a solution to this or why this is happening I have 2016 Dodge Ram eco diesel and it just happens this morning I cleared the codes and it has ran fine since but now this worries me

·
Registered
2 Posts
also at the same time it came up it threw an engine code of p0402 for the egr I don’t know if they are totally related or not

21 - 29 of 29 Posts