DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:doh: Look I get it, you don't want us servicing our own trucks cause then your service facilities wont have anyone to make money off of & then you as a company wont be able to have a dealer talk a lamen into buying stuff they don't truly need! I.E.: I emailed chrysler /ram in regards to the purchase of a shop/service manual for my truck that I just bought from them. I explained that I was not interested in an owners manual or a accessories manual! I want an actual manual that can explain the repairs/ disassembly & reassembly of my truck which is a fourth gen 2012 ram. I receive this as a reply - Oh congratulations on your new ram purchase! Uh I had emailed & had a case w/ chrysler in regards to paint/ body problems from when I took delivery of the truck! Oh yea, & they told me "the repairs met the satisfaction of the dealer so they were satisfied!" Sorry ranting on here. Now they reply to me by explaining that the owners & accessories manuals are available as a kit or I can down load them. "The shop/service manual is for professionals & students trained to diagnose & repair chrysler vehicles"! W.T.F I know what the shop/ service manual is for! It's for guys like me, guys like anyone on here that want to take their truck that they purchased & are paying for & wanna fix it themselves! Thats who it is also for! So since chrysler is useless does anyone know where a service/ shop manual can be bought for my gen 4 Ram???

·
Registered
34 Posts
www.techauthority.com is where to order Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Owners manuals and Service/Chassis manuals. They pretty much have whatever you need either in CD format or standard paper manuals (although I believe they're phasing out the print versions).

Unfortunately, it appears that 2012 and 2011 service manuals aren't available yet. Sometimes it takes a while. Check back periodically. You can also order them (when available) through the parts counter at your dealer.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
If you're serious, navigate the site first then contact ALLDATA.... but be prepared to spend for quality.

They are the finest in the industry.... period!

I've hyperlinked the logo below for you.

ALLDATA® is the leading provider of OEM auto repair software to the professional automotive service industry. Thousands of mechanical repair and collision shops across North America depend on ALLDATA automotive software for service and repair information, auto recalls and technical service bulletins. ALLDATA offers shop management software and customer communication tools to help run their business, boost profits and productivity for independent repair shop owners.

·
Registered
698 Posts
While I understand the OP's frustration in dealing with a car manufacturer via the internet on something like a service manual, the parts counter at the dealership should have the first place to call or check in with. It's a service manual you want, so go to the parts counter to find it or at least a good source.

I always liked the way GM did their service manual sourcing in the past. The last 3 GM vehicles that I had contained an info sheet that came in the owner's manual packet with all that stuff about your tires, warranty, owner's manual, etc. It listed the part number for the GM service manual for that vehicle along with pricing. I was impressed that the service manual was already available for a current, new vehicle, but it makes sense I guess, as the mechanic at the dealership is going to have to access to something to work on your new vehicle when necessary. I bought the factory manuals for two of my GM vehicles and they were excellent even though a bit pricey. The CD or other storage mediums has made access a lot easier. The first GM service manual set I purchased in 1988 for a truck contained 3 large volumes that actually covered many other vehicles and components in the overall GM truck line. Good stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They no longer make an actual paper bound manual, Chrysler tech's use an on-line data base called tech-authority as mentioned above. I use Alldata and even they don't have all the 2012 stuff, I have to go back to 2011 for the odd thing. The average Joe can't afford Alldata as it's geared towards the professional. Alldata purchases the information from the various manufacturers and posts it in one big on-line library. As mentioned above, they do have manuals for purchase (CD/DVD versions) and they can be pricey.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
They no longer make an actual paper bound manual, Chrysler tech's use an on-line data base called tech-authority as mentioned above. I use Alldata and even they don't have all the 2012 stuff, I have to go back to 2011 for the odd thing. The average Joe can't afford Alldata as it's geared towards the professional. Alldata purchases the information from the various manufacturers and posts it in one big on-line library. As mentioned above, they do have manuals for purchase (CD/DVD versions) and they can be pricey.
Same here, AllData, love this program, I have not gotten my hands on the 2012 info yet either. But will once the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The last paper manual I bought for the shop was for the 2007 model year Ram and that manual was right at $750.00 - 6 volumes of info!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Chrysler publishes everything electronically now, via an online system called TechConnect (which is available to dealers), and info on 2012 models IS out there. Yes, you can buy the manuals on CD from TechAuthority.com, but they are expensive.

My suggestion would be this: Maintain a good relationship with someone in your dealer's Service Dept, and then when you need some info, ask them to print you a copy of that particular procedure or spec. It shouldn't be that hard for them to pull up the information and print you off maybe 10 pages or so. Even if you paid them a buck a page or something, it would still be cheaper than buying the entire manual.

I guess it depends on how often / how much info you need.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate all the replies. It's pricy but worth it seeing how I plan on keeping this truck till I'm old & gray. That said seeing how no one has 2012 manuals yet I'll just have to wait. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
The 2009 manual came from TechAuthority
DS 81-370-09075-CD
Ram Truck 1500
$217.91

The same repair manual looks like it covers up to & including 2011 models

U.S. & Canada 1-800-890-4038
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.