DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive been looking into this i was wondering if anyone had one on an 08 5.7. what/How much work is involved? is there a kit that includes the hood or do i have to go to a body shop to have it cut? What about performance are there any gains or is this mainy for looks?

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
my buddy had one on his 08 and he had to cut the hood and have it repainted but im not sure if he had many hook ups with the install or not i cant really rember

·
Registered
140 Posts
MoparMuscle magazine did one on a 3rd gen 1500. Check out autotrucktoys.com for the kit they used. Pretty sure it comes with everthing and you can get the intake for it so its functional. Read Mopar Muscle's writeup on it not too long ago and it looks like a fairly straight forward install minus the painting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great but what about performance? I read on another Dodge Forum about this. the guy was posting pics, a step by step of taking it apart. it had a bunch of different layer and a water trap on would think there isn't much air getting in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would say the performance gains on a shaker compared to a normal aftermarket intake would be greater. A shaker draws cool air from outside unlike most aftermarket intakes which draw it from the engine bay. However, if you're just going for performance, you have to realize that this is probably not the most cost effective mod as the difference between a setup like this and another aftermarket intake would be small. However, you don't get this sweet of looks from any other intake.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i like this shaker on my bud's truck..

Sorry man, but that's a 6-pack hood, not a shaker. I've got one just like it on my '71 Duster.

Here are some pics of the original "Shaker" hood on a Challenger. And one of a shorter version of the 6-pack hood on my Duster.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts