DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Memory stick will not download pictures into my stereo. Dealer disconnected negative battery cable for 20 minutes to no avail. Chrysler says they are aware of problem but don't have a fix, yet. So much for my lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
memory stick

Point is, it's supposed to work, but mine has a glitch that Chrysler says they are aware of. I don't know how long it may take to work this out. My nephew has a 2011 LARAMIE no problem. My friend has a 2011 Longhorn, no problem. We all have the same radio, but mine is 2012. Why don't they just put in another radio that works? Why must I wait?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine would not download with a usb either so I put my pics on a data disc and it downloaded them off of the disc. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Same as SOAPMAN

Jim

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I think some are missing your point Sheehaw, it does not work...you have the lifetime warranty...therefore, replace it. I would make a stronger complaint to my dealership and if that does not work, go directly to the owner of the dealership. I find that approach has worked well for me in the past. Keep us posted, anxious to see where this goes for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
agreed, they should replace radio under warranty, bring it back 3 times, let them tell you the same thing in writing and use the lemon law.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Lemon Law because the radio wont download from USB is a bit much Lol!

But mine wont download off USB either. Most of the time, it wont even read from my phone off the USB. I just use bluetooth and discs to download. They'll have a firmware fix soon enough and it's too little of an issue to steal my joy :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have the issue with my 730 RHR.

The Lifetime warranty supposedly ended in 2010, but when I bought my 2012 through Chrysler Partners, they offered it to may saying it was still available to Partners. It was right about $2000 and covers almost Everything except normal wear items, glass, moulding and body panels. I believe people are still getting it through other methods....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cool, thanks! Hopefully, as someone mentioned, they'll come up with a firmware patch for it. Especially since you indicated they know of the issue.

Something this small shouldn't get you down... there are some suggested work-a-rounds too.

I'd continue to escalate up with dealer though, so that the firmware issue is not forgotten. Also, let them know how dissatisfied you are, and perhaps a few oil changes might make you feel better.

:)

I have the issue with my 730 RHR.

The Lifetime warranty supposedly ended in 2010, but when I bought my 2012 through Chrysler Partners, they offered it to may saying it was still available to Partners. It was right about $2000 and covers almost Everything except normal wear items, glass, moulding and body panels. I believe people are still getting it through other methods....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts