DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my 2016 Ram has an issue where the shifter knob was not in Park when shut off. I returned to try and start my truck would not start. Finally after about three tries it started but now the knob is not aligned and I can't move it back to get it aligned, how can I fix it myself?

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
Does your job have markings that show position or is it on the dash where PRND are that’s displaying the wrong position?

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
It may be the shifter knob and it’s controller. Mines been switched out before, but for a different reason. Mine was switched out along with the pcm and transmission controller when they all went bad at once.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well the shift nob location. Does not matter. When you shut off the truck with out moving shifter it automatically shifts to park and the knob doesn't. If you want to get the nob back to where it be longs you have two choices cycle the shifter an shut off truck till the nob lines up or pry the center out Un screw an put shifter back to park position. If you hear it still cycling every time you move it to reverse multiple positions there my be something wrong with the module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts