DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all,
I am thinking of replacing the shocks on my 2016 Ram 3500. It is about to turn 60K. The front have already been replaced one, and I went with Ranch, really dont like the ride since they were replaced. The rear are still the OEM.
Did a lot of reading online, and TL magazine, and all things seem to point to Bilstein 4600. Any one have these, tow with them, thoughts, experience? Look simple enough to replace...I tow a 2016 Montana 3950 BR.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I had the bilstien 4600's on my last truck and they were great. I replaced the rancho's with them. The rancho's were horrible. They were worse than the oem ones I replaced with a 130k on them. You can't go wrong with bilstien.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
The 4600's are excellent. You won't regret it. Rancho's are old twin tubes just like the OEM shocks. Waste of money.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
The 4600's are excellent. You won't regret it. Rancho's are old twin tubes just like the OEM shocks. Waste of money.
Rancho's are worse than oem.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahah, I have to agree, I have not liked the ride since the shop put them on.
Ill be getting the Blisteins, thanks for the responses. I was pretty set on them, but just wanted a few extra opinions.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I know a couple guys who really like Rancho.

But I have Bilstein 4600s on my truck

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have bilstein 5100 but 4600 are loved just as well by everyone who has them.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
i have 4600's with 2 inch spacer up front and they ride great. Highly Recommend

If you are running 4600s with a spacer then why not just run 5100s?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Just installed 4 Bilstein 4600 yesterday. Is a re-alignment necessary ?
Thanks for any response.

Not necessary if you didn't change the height, but I still did when I put 4600s on

·
Registered
5 Posts
No height change, everything is stock. I notice right front original shock leaking oil and it was time to upgrade. I think an alignment would also be a good idea at this time.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Yeah, I like to get an alignment any time I get shocks or tires. Some will say every 12,000 miles FWIW

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The front are struts, back are shocks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts