DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a fan of the tall, silver stock antenna and those shorty rubber ones work like poo. Found this little number at a local Advance Auto and snatched it up. Comes with a bunch of adapters to fit many vehicles. Even with the riser it looks great and goes well with my monochrome Sport with black accents. Radio reception is just as good as with the stocker. Unfortunately, I already threw the packaging away, but it was a regular stock item.

·
Registered
154 Posts
That's about as small as I want to go. The carbon fiber shortys are really just caps it appears.

How much did that run you? I haven't been able to find one like it at my local AutoZ/Advance.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I cut my stocker and kept it real...

·
Registered
12 2500 Cummins, 92 W150 5.2
227 Posts
I just got my 8" stubby antenna today, I'll be installing it later. Its smooth though, no ridges, also comes with multiple adapters and risers. Paid $13 shipped from user mangowalk.

·
Registered
12 2500 Cummins, 92 W150 5.2
227 Posts
Interesting point, never knew thats what it was for, i thought it was for looks. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Git to becareful with the smooth ones they like to whistle go look at your stock ant see the grooves and ridges why you think they are there so they dont whistle lol

Damn...wish I would have saw this before I bought the smooth I got at a local parts store. Ever since I installed it I've been hearing an occasional whistle. Now I know where its coming from :LOL:

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I put in in a vice grip and mine screwed off but when i put it back on it was tight used a small hammer

but no your not dumb that little ball it tighter then a 18 year old walking into prison lol

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
but no your not dumb that little ball it tighter then a 18 year old walking into prison lol
lol.

Glad I read this thread. I want a shorter antenna but not too short, and I don't want any issues. I'm gonna cut mine and spray it black. Thanks for the tips!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts