DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum, but I need some quick help because I am buying a Dodge Ram QC 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi this week. The one I am leaning towards is a 2004 Red SLT with the 20 inch chrome rims,nurf bars,bed liner. It has 98k on it, the body is perfect except for the tailgate. The dealer is putting a new tailgate on it, 4 brand new tires, oil change, changing plugs and wires, checking struts and shocks for me. He is asking 14000 for it. Is this a good deal? Is it too many miles?? Is there something I should be looking for on that year?? Just need some help on the final thing. This is not an everyday driver, because I have a work truck that work pays for, this is just for hunting, and getting big stuff for the house. I am buying this to replace my 95 truck with a few more miles on it, but that was too small to fit the growing kids in, and it was not 4x4. Does this sound like an ok deal, or should I keep looking? How many miles should I expect to get out of that Hemi??

G

·
Given the market, that price is in the upper range for a truck in good condition.

I'd get a CarFax & ask a dealer for a service history by VIN on the truck.

You'll want to inspect the truck top to bottom. Then do the homework on the truck's value on kbb.com for retail value. Chop that by 20% or so as your initial offer.

You know they can't be into that truck for retail or even high trade. They probably got it for close to wholesale.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Given the market, that price is in the upper range for a truck in good condition.

I'd get a CarFax & ask a dealer for a service history by VIN on the truck.

You'll want to inspect the truck top to bottom. Then do the homework on the truck's value on kbb.com for retail value. Chop that by 20% or so as your initial offer.

You know they can't be into that truck for retail or even high trade. They probably got it for close to wholesale.
Yup. As this is the end/beginning of the model year, you may find a screaming deal on a new 2011 with all the rebates and such. (so says the guy that just bought a 2011:smileup:)

In soon, my mom was looking for an Explorer Sport- she found one in the paper equipped as she wanted to a stupid low price....so, off we went. Got to the dealership, found the specific Explorer by VIN in the very back of their overflow lot, then went and got the salesman. Mr. salespuke promptly told us the ad car had been sold- so Mom grabbed his hand, and took him to the car.

She got the car (sticker about 27k) for 17k out the door!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I think that seems a little high....I only paid $5k more for my 9 month old 2010 with 38k miles...(although not 4wd)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts