DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting in a magnaflow cat back (#16869) and a smooth flow Y pipe tomorrow. I know I probably don't need the whole kit, but I was originally planning on doing it myself and thought it would be easier. I've read that I should keep the stock resonators and I've read that I don't need them. The shop guy says I don't need them. Should I be worried about the sound when the MDS kicks in? Will the resonators kill the rumble from the new system? I want some more sound for sure, but I want a good sound. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
If you take them off
put them up in the garage rafters, don't toss them

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
If you take them off
put them up in the garage rafters, don't toss them
:iagree: It's not too hard to have them re-installed if the drone ends up getting to you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I took mine out and I'm glad I did. I can hear the drone, but the extra fuel mileage makes it worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I took mine out and I'm glad I did. I can hear the drone, but the extra fuel mileage makes it worth it to me.
What do you think you gained mileage-wise and how did you do it?

·
Registered
896 Posts
I ditched mine when I had mine installed. I don't hear a drone but there again I usually have my stereo cranked up shortly after take off.. gotta listen to the start off tone ya know lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts