DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2010 Dodge Ram 3500Hd dually Deisel 4x4. 83000 miles Big Horn. About a week ago developed a shutter in drive train from center to rear. Would only do it on start of acceleration, very short period of time. Trans shifting properly. Tried using 4 wheel lock, seemed to make it worse. Do not use this very often. Just a short time ago was returning from store. Cruising in my housing development at 10 mph, idle speed. started shuttering violently and will not stop. Got it home, called Brown Citrus Dodge in Dade City, Fla, talk to Service Dept. He asked if I had transfer case fluid changed, told him I had it changed at 64000 Miles. Will have to have it towed to dealer for service Monday Morning, He said they will check it out. Any body have any theories?

Thanx
Bob Stevens
Zephryhills, Florida

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
U joint?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Thunderhorse, will have the dealer check all of them,got on you tube and watched great video about bad center bearing, bad u joint can mess this baby up also.
had a lot of play in my center bearing, just like on video. Thanxs again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, here is the result from Citrus Dodge in Dade City, Fla.
They advised they are replacing my drive line, all drive shafts, u joints(which are on the new drive shafts), instead of fighting the real issue, something else defective, like u joints, due to rust, hard to get off, etc. My extended warranty reps argued with the dealer for 45 minutes to just deal with the exact problem. The dealer convinced the warranty person( Good Sams Extended Warranty) that it was a 30.00 dollar difference in doing it the dealers way and that I was getting a new drive line. Contacted Florida Drive line & Hydraulics of Tampa. They advised they would have just addressed the u joint issue, because the drive shafts were still good. I pay a 500.00 deductible, They said that was a good deal for new drive line. Total 2200.00 Dollars, I pay 500.00 and getting old parts.

Bob Stevens

1 - 4 of 4 Posts