DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres My truck

I want side steps as with the leveling kit my GF has to hop up into it and im tired of hearing her bitch lol. Eventually i want to do the Powersteps, but for now im just looking to do something inexpensive.

My question is, with all the chrome, will black steps look out of place? I want the function just not the look, so im thinking black will blend in better than the chrome, just worried it will look off.

Thinking something like this...http://www.ebay.com/itm/WESTIN-Black-Nerf-Side-Rail-Step-Bar-21-3565-2009-2011-Dodge-Ram-1500-Crew-Cab-/260923415891?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2010%7CModel%3ARam+1500&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cc03f5d53#ht_5000wt_1163

Opinions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
42 views and only one opinion......... boooooooo :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since you've got chrome everywhere else, then go with chrome on the steps. Westin's are nice; but I've yet to spring for something myself and I have the same problem with my girlfriend.

I've tried the stock mopar hoop style steps, but they didn't extend out far enough to do any good on my 3500. I won't go with the automatic steps due to where I live, and I'm hesitant to go with the running boards / nerf bars.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Always check the mounting options before purchase!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
That style would be good, no matter what shoes she was wearing, even heels
they are powder coated & it stands up better than any other finish

sometimes chrome flakes & rust starts setting in

the Bull Bar is mostly black powder coating with a stainless steel skid plate
I think the black will just set off the Ram that much better, sort of balancing the colors

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That style would be good, no matter what shoes she was wearing, even heels
they are powder coated & it stands up better than any other finish

sometimes chrome flakes & rust starts setting in

the Bull Bar is mostly black powder coating with a stainless steel skid plate
I think the black will just set off the Ram that much better, sort of balancing the colors
Thats what I was hoping for, taxes next week so ill be pulling the trigger either way soon. Ill be sure to put some pics up, I know how you all LOVE pics lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe go two tone with the steps and bull bar.

This is my truck.

I have already added 4' lift on it. Just got my new black colored headlights today. Wheels and tires are later.

These were the others I liked...

I didn't want all chrome and didn't want all black either. I want to balance it out. Since you are looking for more function, MY steps probably wouldn't please your wife. My wife hates them. They do no come out far enough. I just told her too bad, I like the looks of it. I chose mine b/c I didn't want the typical tubular step.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Those bars like Kdubag has would not be good for climbing out for a woman with heels or dress shoes, in my opinion

·
Registered
89 Posts
Those bars like Kdubag has would not be good for climbing out for a woman with heels or dress shoes, in my opinion
You are correct. That's why I said my wife hates them. My steps are not very practical, even with me wearing boots. But I bought them more for looks than practical reasons.

I just told my wife we can just take her car and use her gas if she wants to b*tch about. So she deals with it.

:smileup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I still think chrome would look great, but in order to make the correct sugestion, I'll first need pictures of girlfriend in heels. :smileup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have Raptor nerf bars on my Crew Cab. The stainless steel doesn't look too bad. They are getting kind of scratched up, but that happens when you step on them. For the money they are a bargain. I will replace them in the future with something like RBP nerf bars/rock rails. My Raptors were under $300 if that helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These were the others I liked...

what brand are these? i cant seem to find them anywhere, the Go Rhino are the closest i see but they dont have the larger step pad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I installed the Aries chrome step bars on my truck and the wife loves them. I am not a small guy and they are sturdy under me when I step on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am also looking for some for the wife and to keep the shopping carts dings off.

I would prefer the ones that bolt to the frame.

Just starting to research this and would like stainless over chrome to avoid flaking. Is there such an animal?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I think the black would look just fine....again though there is quite a bit of chrome. let us know what you decide

1 - 20 of 39 Posts