DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went over one year in my new 20 Laramie 1500. Did NOT renew the Sirius nor the Guardian.

What exactly did I lose and what comes with the truck (not with Sirius)?

I know I lose the sirius satellite radio, duh.

Seems I also lost the ability to remote start my truck from my phone.

Appears I've also lost the ability to search for new navigation destinations, yet any that I somehow saved are still fine to look up routes for. Weird.... also, the nav still follows where you are (moving map).

I can still bluetooth my phone, did I lose car play and android auto tho?

WTH is the difference between Uconnect and Guardian and Sirius, and where is the line drawn between what comes with the truck (from FCA) and what comes with Sirius?
I thought "UConect" was the hardware & software combo that runs the 12" screen and nav, but it seems "Uconnect" was also some of the remote stuff which appears to be tied to Sirius. Those fukerz...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Entering routes into the navigation system should not be tied to the subscriptions after all you paid a premium price for the navigation option. I have heard one other poster say they lost the ability to program routes but outside of that one other person I have not heard of anyone else that can't enter a destination into the navigation system. I have the 8.4 inch system but if I remember right that other person also had a 12 inch system in there truck so maybe it is something to do with the software in the 12 inch systems. Still you are only the second person I have heard that has had a problem entering a route.

I can't help you with the difference between the different subscriptions, my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic ecodiesel is the first truck that I have owned with the extra features that include guardian.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bet everything you need to know was in that giant stack of papers you signed when purchased. A year goes by pretty quickly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
SiruisXM (1-year trial) is the satellite radio.

SiriusXM Guardian Service (1-year trial) is the phone app that you can use to lock/unlock and remote start your truck.

The NAV system also gets you:

SiriusXM Traffic Service (5-year trial) which is live updates to road conditions and covers more than the standard traffic (which is mostly freeways and metropolitan areas).

SiriusXM Travel Link (5-year trial) which is the ability to get fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, stock prices and weather on your touch screen.

You should not have lost any NAV abilities regardless of active SiriusXM subscriptions.

FCA is the uConnect portion of it and SiriusXM is the feature portion of it. For the most part think of it like FCA (uConnect) is the Windows 10 laptop and SiriusXM are the apps you can buy.

When your trial is over, it's over...unless you have a credit card on file. If you do then your subscription continues at their listed price on your credit card.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Entering routes into the navigation system should not be tied to the subscriptions after all you paid a premium price for the navigation option. I have heard one other poster say then lost the ability to program routes but outside of that one other person I have not heard of anyone else that can't enter a destination into the navigation system. I have the 8.4 inch system but if I remember right that other person also had a 12 inch system in there truck so maybe it is something to do with the software in the 12 inch systems. Still you are only the second person I have heard that has had a problem entering a route.

I can't help you with the difference between the different subscriptions, my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic ecodiesel is the first truck that I have owned with the extra features that include guardian.

I too have the 12" screen.
Occasionally over its (one year) life, the system wouldn't be fully available immediately after starting the engine (booting up the computer) so i wasn't too interested when i couldn't find a destination those two times since I tried to use nav since the subscription ran out; I just thought full functionality wasn't yet available, and with a plce to be in a certain time didn't have time to fiddle around with it then. Never went back on free time and spent time to completely trouble-shoot every possible combination of what does and doesn't work (who wants to sit in a cold truck outside in the wintertime, when there are tanks needing killing in World Of Tanks or War Thunder inside the warm house...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SiruisXM (1-year trial) is the satellite radio.

SiriusXM Guardian Service (1-year trial) is the phone app that you can use to lock/unlock and remote start your truck.

The NAV system also gets you:

SiriusXM Traffic Service (5-year trial) which is live updates to road conditions and covers more than the standard traffic (which is mostly freeways and metropolitan areas).

SiriusXM Travel Link (5-year trial) which is the ability to get fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, stock prices and weather on your touch screen.

You should not have lost any NAV abilities regardless of active SiriusXM subscriptions.

FCA is the uConnect portion of it and SiriusXM is the feature portion of it. For the most part think of it like FCA (uConnect) is the Windows 10 laptop and SiriusXM are the apps you can buy.

When your trial is over, it's over...unless you have a credit card on file. If you do then your subscription continues at their listed price on your credit card.
Excellent summary. Thanks!

So according to your read, the two times I've tried to enter a target destination in the nav and failed to find it, were one-off events that are only circumstantially coincident to the subscription running out, and that i should otherwise have the ability to continue to type in new destinations, and the truck should still be able to find those destinations...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, your NAV shouldn't be affected regardless of any SiriusXM products.

I do know the 12" has some issues (read about them) and there have been some updates to resolve some of it.

While the 12" is great (I only have the 8.4") it is at the limit of what uConnect 4 can support. It's like having a killer new gaming laptop and installing Windows 7 on it from what I understand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts