DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading several blogs here regarding Sirius radio customer service, I did a quick check on the net to see what other subscibers were saying.
I was absolutely shocked at the vast number of complaints posted !
Below is a summary of the major issues that I read:

1) Cancellation of service and charges: Many subscribers reported that it is extremely difficult to cancel service and stop the recurring charges being made to a credit or debit card.

2) Legal binding contract: By renewing or activating service, subscribers were required to agree to automatic continuous renewal periods of service forever. After reading the terms and conditions of service posted on the Sirius website, it gave me the feeling that subscribers are eternally wedded (locked in) and obligated to continue paying for the service.

3) Unauthorized charges: Complaints were posted to the effect that credit card, debit card, checking account numbers are kept on file and charges are taken electronically even after requests for cancellations were made.

4) Non-payment and other related issues: If your credit/debit/checking were to become unchargable for any reason, some said they were turned over to collection agencies or were givien bad credit reports.

5) Transfer of service: Many people posted that it was about impossible to transfer service from one radio to another. Like should your satellite radio equipment need to be replaced or you trade vehicles, it was said that your original radio service account will continue to be charged and very difficult to get the service transferred over to one's new radio equipment.

6) Phone support by Sirius CSR's: Many people reported extremely long holds while trying to get customer support by phone, being transferred to multiple CSR's without resolution, being cut off/hung up on after holding so long, promises made but not carried out.

Personally, I found these alleged complaints to be very disturbing. Based on these issues, I am now almost afraid to renew service when my free trial period expires. While I love listening to music on satellite radio, there were considerable risks in my mind with regard to renewing service. If I do decide to renew, I won't be paying by credit card nor by check,...instead I will only do so by money order for a year's service at a time.

Have others reading this post heard similiar complaints or had these issues with satellite radio service?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I have been a Sirius subscriber for several years now, and I've transferred my account from a couple of different radios. I've never encountered any issues with unexpected charges or had any troubles with transferring service to another radio.

That being said, I've also never agreed to automatic payments. It is my understanding that they cannot set up an automatic payment type of thing unless you agree to it.

I'm sure that others will chime in here, but that has been my experience.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I have no personal experience with any of the complaint allegations posted on the internet, I invite anyone interested, to check them out and form your own opinion. Just Google or other search function the subject of Sirius service complaints. As said in my original post, I saw and read many of them.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I wouldn't say I think their customer service is great but I haven't had the difficulties mentioned. I've had Sirius for at least three years now. When I first subscribed a bought a Sirius receiver which then connected to my vans radio. A year after getting it the Sirius receiver was stolen; I called to cancel since I hadn't bought a new radio yet and they offered to send me a radio for free. Originally they offered me a cheaper unit than I had but when I pointed out that there "free" unit would cost me more to install than replacing the receiver I had and dropping it into the existing cradle they sent me the same radio I had before.

When I bought my Ram in May I called to cancel my existing subscription since I had free Sirius for 6 mos. It took talking to two people but it was straight forward and I had no trouble. Now that may have been partially because I had the free subscription in the Ram and they wouldn't want to piss me off. They obviously wanted my business when the free subscription was done; they got it.

There are two annoying things however. First they still send me offers to reactivate th sold radio; minor but annoying. The second is one that is a bigger deal; you have to play games to get the best price. If you're not willing to cancel you will likely pay the full price. I could have just transferred my subscription to the radio in the Ram but I knew if I did the renewal would be at the full price. I actually cancelled my old subscription and then started a new one for the Ram. When the free subscription was up I called to renew and was given a quote on the full price and said no and asked for a better price; the best I got was a three month offer so I said no. I told them I didn't need it. A week later I got an email offering the six month deal; I called and said I would do it if I could do the deal for a year and they said yes.

They need to just make the price lower across the board and quit the garage. If they do that the product will be much better.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I will offer this one bit of advice.. I have been with Sirus for almost 6 years.. two weeks prior to your renewal call customer service and ask about what promo's they are running and request that promo. You can not get a promo after renewal. I did have to call twicw to get credit on the 08 which I had renewed when I bought the 11. It is just like anything else in life. You are required to look after yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts