DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving a couple days ago and also today and I noticed that when I am around 40 - 45mph and give it a little gas just enough to feather the throttle I feel either a slipping feeling or a hard misfire. I was ruling out misfire since it didn't throw any codes. But now today the check engine light flashed at me for about 10secs and then went off. The feeling is like a bucking almost like when you hit a patch of ice and then grab the road a few times. I have noticed my rpms stay low and do not increase when this is happening. This was also making me think maybe its getting stuck between gear shifts to either select a higher or lower gear during light rpm increase leading to be a faulty shift sensor. :4-dontknow: If anyone has had this happen to them and knows what it is please enlighten me or if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
542 Posts
are you sure its not MDS kicking in and out?? it will kick hard from time to time and not effect your rpm... a simple way to check this would be turn you overdrive off on a stech of road that it seems to do this on and see if it dose it then if not try it with the Od on.... as for the engine light keep your eye on it if t dose it again take it to Autozone and have the code scanned it should store it and give you an idea of what might be happening....sorry so long.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just turned over 130,000. Its an 06. The thought of the MDS has crossed my mind as well. I have an OBD2 code reader. I will pull it in some time and look into the code. I have a bumper to bumper warranty on it yet I just didn't want to have to pay the 100 deductible. I will have to try the OD thing too.

Thanks, anymore info keep it comin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Havent really had the chance to do that yet. Just got the truck a couple months ago. When I got on the throttle hard the other day I had a heavy loss of power and now the engine light is staying on. I have a warranty and its going in on Monday. We'll see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I went to the dealer today to find out what the feeling was. Turns out my plugs are shot. I pulled them today and man were they bad. Also got the chance to clean the throttle body since I noticed that it was black and needed it. Still need to put in 6 more but I need the short 3in extention to get to them but even with those six remaining I took it for a drive and the problem has gone away. Obviosly I still have a slight misfire but after I get the other 6 in all will be well. Thanks to everyone who gave their advice.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
So I was driving a couple days ago and also today and I noticed that when I am around 40 - 45mph and give it a little gas just enough to feather the throttle I feel either a slipping feeling or a hard misfire. I was ruling out misfire since it didn't throw any codes. But now today the check engine light flashed at me for about 10secs and then went off. The feeling is like a bucking almost like when you hit a patch of ice and then grab the road a few times. I have noticed my rpms stay low and do not increase when this is happening. This was also making me think maybe its getting stuck between gear shifts to either select a higher or lower gear during light rpm increase leading to be a faulty shift sensor. :4-dontknow: If anyone has had this happen to them and knows what it is please enlighten me or if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated.:smiley_thumbs_up:
mine did that to lattely, maybe two times,..exactly the way you describt it,...

i will also try changing my plugs , i have 41000 miles on them

that might also be my problem

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I couldn't believe it.:doh: I never had any vehicle of mine act like that just because of plugs. The plugs I pulled could very well have been the original plugs from 06, they were that bad. But anyway I still have to replace the back three on the right that are a bitch to get to. I need to get my 3in extension from autozone since I can't find my other one. Lookin at doing some upgrades soon. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again everyone and good luck crush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts