DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I stopped to get some lunch. As I was getting out of my Ram this guy was getting out of one of those smart cars. He was a couple of spaces from my drivers side with no vehicles between us. After we exited or vehicles he looks at me then at the Hemi badge then gives me a sneer and shakes his head. I felt like loading his car in my truck and driving it to the landfill. I'm not sure why he did it. Truth is I'm all for saving the planet,but I love the torque, hp, and sound of a v8. I didn't respond to him but if he don't like my Ram he can kiss my country arse.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I had a similar experience in the home depot parking lot. Sure was comical as Mr. Smart Car sat waiting for the rental van to come back so he could haul some plywood home.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I think smart cars and their owners should be strapped between two Ram trucks so we can enjoy a short game of tug of war. ;)

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Now this would be a smart car more to my liking!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
It amazes me on what could possibly be "smart" about them?

Is it that they run on "clean" fuel or electricity?

How is electricity even "smart". How is it made, by magic?

Or is it produced from nuclear fuel...contaminating our planet for the next half life of 250,000 years, or making Russia, and Japan a surface nuclear waste site?

Is it from burning coal and raping the environment and and billowing out tons of toxic fumes into the atmosphere?

How about water power and flooding the natural landscape by building a dam and restricting the natural flow of a river. Displacing the natural wildlife and destroying habitat?

Maybe it's the solar panels that reflect the suns rays and create more heat at the local surface level?

Is it just me, or are these things being overlooked by the "green" crowd?

If they're so concerned about "global warming", tell them that it started thousands of years before mankind could even walk upright, so if it is an occurrence, it's a natural phenomena.

Let me seen now...it was hot and there were dinosaurs, then it got cold, and there were big furry elephant like animals, saber toothed cats, and a bunch of other animals that I wouldn't mind having chew on a "smart" car owner. But since it started getting warmer outside their grandfather Kip decided to create a circle looking thing and call it a wheel.

I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I get a laugh out of the tree huggers that buy smart cars and snicker at everyone. Those things don't get near the mileage they lead people to believe. Besides with the price of gas I am convinced that we are paying for carbon credits to burn in our big trucks, which is fine by me as long as I don't have to drive one of those pregnant roller skates around.

·
Registered
698 Posts
That behavior from some of these folks who have some kind of self-hero concept for their perceived salvation of the planet would be downright hilarious if it weren't for the fact that they really think it's true. Anyone remember that "South Park" episode where everyone in town got so snooty because they were all driving Prius hybrids? Many of these people are so self-absorbed and sure of their perceived knowledge that they think many of us are just poor, dumb hillbillies...especially if you drive a pickup. Well...just call me Jethro...LOL!:rockon:

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
He was really wishing this....

·
Registered
418 Posts
This has not happened to me yet, but it always cracks me up to hear about (and maybe irritates me a little inside). Seems to me that there are 2 types of people that buy smart cars/prius/any other hybrid or electric car
1. The person trying to save money in their pocket or offset their gas cost of a bigger vehicle they own
2. The person that is into 'being green' and thinks they are a super hero saving the planet that rubs it in peoples faces or sneers at them.

The people that will call you out on your truck how it's destroying the planet probably don't enjoy their car

I love every time I get in my truck, sitting up higher than all those smart cars, and the power to lay some rubber. Not to mention I don't have to rent a van from home depot or call a friend (or mommy and daddy) that has a truck any time I need to move something big. Sure it costs more at the pump, but if you can afford it and don't mind paying for it, it's not such a big deal

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This has not happened to me yet, but it always cracks me up to hear about (and maybe irritates me a little inside). Seems to me that there are 2 types of people that buy smart cars/prius/any other hybrid or electric car
1. The person trying to save money in their pocket or offset their gas cost of a bigger vehicle they own
2. The person that is into 'being green' and thinks they are a super hero saving the planet that rubs it in peoples faces or sneers at them.

The people that will call you out on your truck how it's destroying the planet probably don't enjoy their car

I love every time I get in my truck, sitting up higher than all those smart cars, and the power to lay some rubber. Not to mention I don't have to rent a van from home depot or call a friend (or mommy and daddy) that has a truck any time I need to move something big. Sure it costs more at the pump, but if you can afford it and don't mind paying for it, it's not such a big deal
I couldn't agree more. We have 2 Hemis in this family. My wife and I are fortunate enough to work near each other. Carpooling has helped us a lot. Also these modern Hemis are fairly emissions friendly from what I understand. In European countries with narrow streets it might be a plus to have one of these turds,here I just don't get it. One day I plan on owning an SRT Charger or Challenger. I'll enjoy the hell out of which ever one I get.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
These new Hemi's are very fuel efficient as well as emissions friendly. Sure they are harder on fuel than a car but for those of us that have families yet need a truck they are the perfect blend. I seriously could never see me driving a smart car!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts