DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

For the past week, I've noticed a burnt electrical smell coming through the vents. If I turn the blower off, the smell does not seem to be noticeable, but as soon as I turn on the blower, I can smell it.

It seems to not last long and then will sort of dissipate.

The thing is that the AC and various blower speeds seem to still be working.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

-N

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I've been investigating more and it seems possible that it is the harness from the resistor to the blower motor. I'm going to need to look at it, but wiring going would not necessarily start out as failure of the blower or speeds. The problem is that wiring burning occurs indirectly from faulty components. I'm leaning toward a complete replacement of the resistor, the blower motor, and the harness.

- N

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is old but I wanted to throw this out there for people like me who run into this problem years later... the insides of my headlight switch melted after a few days of smelling burnt electronics, and I didn't know it for weeks. And I had the same experience - I would only smell it if the blower motor was running. So if you start randomly smelling burnt electronics, that might be worth looking into as well. There are plenty of other threads on the web describing the melted headlight switch internals problem, and the best way to fix it (with a relay).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts