DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got out of the military and moved out here. I eventually was approached about getting into the dumpster business. Long story short I accumulated a 2017 Dodge Ram 3500 turbo diesel Cummins, and 9 dumpster with trailers. Well, business is going great. I received my CDL B and we were going to upgrade with bigger dumpsters and trailer. Last week, I bought a new trailer and more dumpsters. Now, when I took the new trailer home with me it also had the 7-Way plug AND a power cord that directly goes to the truck Drivers-side Battery. I only hooked up the 7-Way plug for lights and breaks. Today, I plugged in the 7-Way and then when I hooked up the Power Cord to the Battery. Then my trucks RPMS went up, I stopped what I was doing and by the time I jumped out of the truck bed and the truck shut off. I jumped in the front seat of the truck and turned the key to the on position and smoke started bellowing out from the drivers side wheel well and hood. I turned it off as quick as possible and and popped the hood, as the damn hood was going up I saw smoke coming from the rear! I was like a damn Parody Movie (Airplane, Naked Gun, etc..). I hurry and run to the back and pop the door on my roll off trailer and that battery was smoking and melted through the battery. I shut the hood (I didnt want it to explode in my face or anything) unplugged everything, and called the warranty dept for the Trailer. They said they wouldn't pay for any damages to the truck even if it was Their fault because, I am supposed to have an inline fuse. Well Fellas! Thats NEWS TO ME! lol....... I figured out why it happened. View attachment 865617 The Power Cord coming from the trailer was WIRED WRONG. The Positive was in the Negative terminal and the Negative wire was in the Positive terminal. I out of a truck and a new trailer....National Lampoons Roll Offs! Now when I turn the key in the on position the TIPM box sounds like its just burning and it smells, but no more smoke. Since Im stuck with the bill, what can I do to fix this?
Had someone come and look at it shot wires and relays. Wires and relays were good. The mechanic took all fuses out and looked at the whole fuse box board. Switched all fuses and truck just made a clicking sound when the key was in the ON position. I also hear a actuator door open and close from the right side. We hooked it all back up and tightened all terminals on the batteries. I turned the truck to the ON position and my lights where my Speedometer and RPM gauges are kept flickering....Please help

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
WOW We had one of my students mom's car a couple semesters back, a "friend" jump started her car. They crossed the jumper cables up and it fried a circuit board that is attached to the under-hood fuse box. That car would run, but had all kinds of dash lights and stuff wacky. Also on that same fuse box there are some mega fuse and what they call as a shunt. Look for discolored wires in battery box and underhood fuse box area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts