DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any way to turn the notifications off??? soo annoying! also the radio doesn't see my ipod.. well it sees it but then doesn't see the playlists or anything so i can't use it. thnx!

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
since no one answered you, i know a few who were having a problem with the ipods went to the dealer for this an i dont remember the out come. try a search. as for the messages what messages are you getting.

·
Registered
92 Posts
just press the uconnect button and say "help". or say "sms message". it should prompt you to change notifications for incoming text messages. Also, what kind of phone do you have if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes, there is. Press the UC button, say "setup, SMS notification", she will tell you that incoming message announcement is on, would you like to turn it off, and you will say???? YES!!!!
correct

any way to turn the notifications off??? soo annoying! also the radio doesn't see my ipod.. well it sees it but then doesn't see the playlists or anything so i can't use it. thnx!

·
Registered
801 Posts
huntergreen, the problem with the ipods was a Uconnect update that was done either by the dealers or by those of you that used the file that I had hosted. The issue there was the "error occurred" message when the ipod was being read by the UC module.

since no one answered you, i know a few who were having a problem with the ipods went to the dealer for this an i dont remember the out come. try a search. as for the messages what messages are you getting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all i forgot to check back in on the thread! I will be turning it off shortly. :smileup:

Eric RN -I have one of the new Motorola Razr phones.

XSDBS - Can I do the upadate myself? I hate to take another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
801 Posts
1) Did you try the SMS notifications off command?

2) You sure can do the update. Below is the Mediafire link for the High Speed Uconnect SW update that is used on the Ram (and other HS CAN BUS networks).
http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

And the instructions to perform the update are:
Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector or in some Chrysler vehicles, it is in the glove box, press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? (if you're not using the Apple products then try your streaming audio. It should play correctly and without the chipmunks. Let me know how this works out for you.
Robert

Thanks all i forgot to check back in on the thread! I will be turning it off shortly. :smileup:

Eric RN -I have one of the new Motorola Razr phones.

XSDBS - Can I do the upadate myself? I hate to take another trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to get the SMS off - thank you! As for the ipod thing, I haven't installed the file yet because my flash drive has an exe file that can't be erased when i format the drive. I wasn't sure if that would have any effect. I did get a radio update last week in the mail that I hoped would fix the problem, but still no ipod reading.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was able to get the SMS off - thank you! As for the ipod thing, I haven't installed the file yet because my flash drive has an exe file that can't be erased when i format the drive. I wasn't sure if that would have any effect. I did get a radio update last week in the mail that I hoped would fix the problem, but still no ipod reading.
That exe on your USB drive could be a virus or worm. It won't hurt your radio but I'm not sure wether or not it will read the drive properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts