DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camaros, Challengers, etc. have a nice snap, crackle and pop to their exhaust. Is it possible to get the same sound out of the RAM exhaust? I've heard deep and loud RAMs, but I don't think I've ever heard one with that crackling exhaust?

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Camaros, Challengers, etc. have a nice snap, crackle and pop to their exhaust. Is it possible to get the same sound out of the RAM exhaust? I've heard deep and loud RAMs, but I don't think I've ever heard one with that crackling exhaust?

WHICH Camaros, Challengers, etc? The noise you're describing is usually a function of cam timing. Engine choice in this case (or if modified, cam and tuning) make the difference.

·
Registered
178 Posts
These rams don't crackle at all, I've ran a ton of exhaust set ups and I've never had any crackles or pops. Even with a muffler and res delete, but at WOT it rasps when it shifts.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The 2017 and newer Challengers and Chargers have active exhausts(also known as the Hellcat exhaust) which has a sound that is unique and maybe hard to duplicate. Good luck is all I can say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts