DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2010 2500 and had a plow put on a while back. I haven't had any snow to plow yet though. My question is: Has anyone had problems with the airbags going off while plowing? I've alway plowed with an older truck w/o airbags so I never give it any though before now. I'd hate for those things to deploy when I hit something under the snow!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have read about this before when searching for tires. All I can remember is a guy talking about disabling his airbags when plowing. Don't really have any further info, but I don't remember anyone discussing problems either.

·
Registered
442 Posts
there "shouldnt" be a problem, your plow is attached to the frame, and your air bag sensors are located int he bumper, so there shouldnt be a chance of them getting struck, (unless you hit something really really hard). also if i remember correctly from my fire/auto extrication training, most airbags only go off when the vehicle speed is greater than 50km, so unless you are really flyin thru the snow you should be safe to plow away!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would think that I'd be fine but... My wife's airbags went off in her Chevy Lumina when she went across RR tracks a few yrs back! Defect? Probably but it was like a bomb went off in front of her and it caused an accident. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts