1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We weren't even looking for a truck. Until that fateful morning when I said:
"let's skip our workout today and go out for breakfast"
roflmao
We went for breakfast and drove by the RV dealership. Went into the restaurant, grabbed the local paper and sat at the table. Saw the RV's, started dreaming about buying an RV (again) and said, let's just go and see what they've got (been thinking about it off and on, we've got dogs and like to travel. Hotels aren't the best place for our little barkers!! chihuahua and a sheltie).
After spending at least 2 hours there, I say, I can't pull THAT with an Escape. So what do I need? the guy said: " you gotta have a DODGE!"
So we went to the dodge dealer. On a Sunday morning. The poor lad who had to work that morning was sure glad to see us come.
We had tried different SUV's in the last few months and wanted something much bigger, we don't like to fly and all the crap that goes with it so we do driving trips. My main complains with the Escape were no power, sluggish (it was a 3 liters V6) and the lack of leg room. I'm only 5'4" but need the leg room on a 12 hour day road trips.
Like I said, we drove several different SUV's and they all left me feeling lukewarm about them. Nothing grabbed me.
Until I sat in the RAM!!!
OMG! that was it!!!
the rest is history.
We didn't get the trailer yet, maybe next year.
anyways,
the point of this post is:
so glad I bought it when I did!
cuz....
we weren't going to buy for another 2 years but then thought, I can still get good money for the escape, the interest % is still low and the prices are rock bottom. Also the economy and interest rates are creeping up.
I talked to my dad today, he just got himself a new Dodge Journey and didn't get the 0% interest rate but 6.00% . I was floored. I checked it out and sure enough, it's all done with.
The good rebates are over with, and the interest rates are back up.
I got over 6500.00$ rebates on my truck and 2.25% variable for 5 years. ( had a choice for 0% for 3 too)
what a difference a month makes into buying a car!!!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
You are sooooo right!

I ordered my 2010 in Feb (Expecting to get it by May 1st as my lease is up on Apr 30), and am taking advantage of the 0% on 3 years (purchase).

After reading your post, quickly checked the Dodge.ca site and just discovered that as of May 1st, all the incentives are gone, and the 0% is now 5.99%.:SHOCKED: When I did a build and price, it came out $7200 higher!......and at 5.99%, my payments would be about $300/m more than the deal I signed.

To think I almost scrapped the deal because was told that my new truck would not even start the build til the end of May, with a delivery of maybe July, but likely August. However, I decided that since I was driving a perfectly good 08 Ram, I should be able to wait.

I am soooooo glad I ordered it and signed off on the 0%. It appears that I saved about 10K when all the dust settles.

B12

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Great story! Congrats on the new truck! I am happy that you now apart of the Dodge family!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are sooooo right!

I ordered my 2010 in Feb (Expecting to get it by May 1st as my lease is up on Apr 30), and am taking advantage of the 0% on 3 years (purchase).

After reading your post, quickly checked the Dodge.ca site and just discovered that as of May 1st, all the incentives are gone, and the 0% is now 5.99%.:SHOCKED: When I did a build and price, it came out $7200 higher!......and at 5.99%, my payments would be about $300/m more than the deal I signed.

To think I almost scrapped the deal because was told that my new truck would not even start the build til the end of May, with a delivery of maybe July, but likely August. However, I decided that since I was driving a perfectly good 08 Ram, I should be able to wait.

I am soooooo glad I ordered it and signed off on the 0%. It appears that I saved about 10K when all the dust settles.

B12
Crazy ain't it?
sure glad I followed my gut instinct this time.
As soon as I sat in that truck I just knew it was the one and that I was going to buy it. :wiggle2:
I just wish my dad had gone out 1 week earlier he would have had a good deal too, but I won't tell him that, he's just so happy with his new Dodge Journey, I don't want him feeling bad for that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I concur as I did the same went in one day last month and walked out with my truck. Was not planning on it either. I got the same rate as you and pretty much same sorta deal. Glad I did as well. I swear I have seen you around kingston.:Hey:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I concur as I did the same went in one day last month and walked out with my truck. Was not planning on it either. I got the same rate as you and pretty much same sorta deal. Glad I did as well. I swear I have seen you around kingston.:Hey:
I'll keep an eye out for a hemi quad cab white sxt
I don't think I've seen your truck yet. I would remember I love white trucks
watch for veterans licence plate and support your troups magnet. If u do see me, honk n wave :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2010 Dodge Ram SLT 4X4 Hemi Quad Cab
msrp $38325.00

remote start and security group
uconnect phone with voice command
20 inch aluminium wheels
Class IV receiver hitch
Bedliner
tubular sidestep
tri fold tonneau cover

total price $43 287.00

discounts: $7057.00

total sale price $36 230.00
and top dollar for my trade in also :)
and discounted variable rate financing 2.25

I did a build on dodge.ca and came up to 43495.00 and 5.99 % financing
I did several build on dodge.ca before today since I purchased it and they changed it over.
I'm sure there's going to be more incentive but not so sure there's going to be such great ones as in: over $7000.00 and financing which adds up in a hurry to well over
$10 000!

·
Registered
97 Posts
2.25% Variable? So that means if interest goes up to 9% or more your payment will jump. Please dont tell me auto loans have gone the way of credit card interest.. A $30,000 auto loan could jump to over $100,000 with interest very quick with a variable loan.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
interest rates won't go up to 9% that fast. I'm not worried about that, the reason I went that way is that we're planning to pay it off next year :)

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Well, the most important thing, your driving a Ram! Congrats! Every time I drive my 05 QC, now with 127,000 miles, I'm amazed how nice the Rams drive! I used to drive Toyotas. The Ram still looks and drives new, all the Toyotas that I had would be rust buckets with that mileage! My back no longer bothers, the Rams are comfortable, Tacomas were like a lawnmower.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Every month they reset the website. It usually takes a few days for the new programs to be reflected in the price. Give it a few days and May's rebates will be included in the prices.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Agreed... I don't think there have been significant

Every month they reset the website. It usually takes a few days for the new programs to be reflected in the price. Give it a few days and May's rebates will be included in the prices.
changes in the rebates here. Just re-ran my ordered config and the published rebates for the SEast are actually *more* than in March and April, $2,500 now vs $2,000 the prior two months.

I'm still expecting to pick it up in a week or two for ~$8,500 off sticker as priced last month on order, maybe more now since there are some additional funds on the front rebates. If it gets much outside of these parameters they'll get to keep it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for a hemi quad cab white sxt
I don't think I've seen your truck yet. I would remember I love white trucks
watch for veterans licence plate and support your troups magnet. If u do see me, honk n wave :)
Will do. I drive my wife in the morning down by the base so I thought I have seen in down there by timmys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You sound like I felt when i bought my ram, your discription of your truck sounds just like mine this is what I wrote about mine.

The look caught my eye,
the interior turned me on,
the ride well !!! that was like a first date,
the power and torque won me over.
love my new truck and at this point there isn't a ford, chevy, or toyota lover that could convince me otherwise, and seeing other dodge lovers is great,
Hats off to you all.
To the admins job well done and keep up the good work.

I bought mine to get dealer incentives like you mention on January 30th and posted that on February 5th and still feel the same way to this day, that write up is still on my profile page and will be for a long time, I hope you enjoy your ram every bit as much as I do mine, congtrats on your new baby.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like you said so nicely and poetically
the Ram caught my eye and seduced me into getting it. It's not the dealer's incentives that got me through the door but Im doubly pleased with the truck and the price :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I just joined the forum after my first test drive. I was trying to decide between the 150 and Dodge, and the test drive sealed the deal. WOW. I am so impressed. It is light years better in all respects to my last truck ('01 Z-71-with tons of elec. problems!).

Okay, now I'm hooked but have two questions:

1. Rebates-are they over for a while? Is there any way to anticipate any more over the Summer?

2. When negotiating, do you still negotiate a few thou below sticker, AND then tack on the rebates? I'm sure the dealers would try to say the rebate is the negotiation and try to stick it to you for full MSRP less rebates, but have any of you gotten down a few thou BELOW the rebate discounts?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts