DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to put dual chrome 5" stacks through the bed of my truck but i have a roll cover at the far end of the bed next to the cab. I do side jobs with tools which are almost always in the bed so the cover is a necessity, how else is it possible to put in stacks without huge modifications??

·
Administrator
53,004 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! I'm not quite sure how you would go about doing that, but I'm sure someone here will have an idea, but good luck! Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

E

·
0 Posts
hmmm...Well, how about shortening the cover, move the mounting points back towards the tailgate, fab up a cover for the space between the front of the bed and the new cover location, put some holes in the fabbed cover and put your stacks in.

Hard to describe but basically you are shortening the existing cover and moving the box back towards the tailgate to give you some room.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
hmmm...Well, how about shortening the cover, move the mounting points back towards the tailgate, fab up a cover for the space between the front of the bed and the new cover location, put some holes in the fabbed cover and put your stacks in.

Hard to describe but basically you are shortening the existing cover and moving the box back towards the tailgate to give you some room.
That's what I was going to recommend too! :smileup:

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
I hearly forgot why I was here! Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck? :Hey:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum great to have you here.I would go with Micheal said.
When you get a chance post a picture or two of your truck.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us.
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

I don't think there is going to be an 'off the shelf' fix....it's fabrication time. I think Maddog has about the best suggestion going. :smileup:

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share?

Enjoy the Z!

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . What part of Baltimore ? Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for any ? Any of your friends have a Ram ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

·
Registered
7,790 Posts

welcome to the forum...glad to have ya aboard!!! and this is exactly how i was going to describe it aswell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts