DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not too long ago I posted about how I felt my 2011 Crew Cab looked like a big red wall after de-badging.

Alot of good suggestions from the board and a couple of months later, here is the "finished" product. (It will never really be finished will it)

Next on my list is a 2" drop in the back to get level and a set of caliper covers (white)

I really recommend the 3M Dinoc product. It is really easy to work with, you just need patience and a heat gun.
I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice but it reflects/refracts light very realistically, just like real carbon fiber (which cant contour to surfaces like the Dinoc can)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Tastefully done sir, I like it! Where did you find the Mopar badges on the hood?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you find the Mopar badges on the hood?
Bad news, they are custom (by billet badges) and can no longer be produced.

Chrysler has been sending "cease and desist" letters to people creating badges using the mopar name and logo, I can't even get badges with the word "HEMI" made.

Lucky for me I got these ordered just in time, but now I'm searching for a manufacturer that will make me some shield badges with the mopar "m" on them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really sure about the stripes
C'mon man! The stripes are my favorite part!

It's like the 2011 version of starsky and hutch!

Seriously though they get alot of comments and the really set my truck apart from everyone elses, I've never seen another Ram with them.

The good news is when I grow tired of them, they just peel off.

They are applied basically the same as window tint, so some heat, patience and goo-gone will bring it right back to a blank canvas.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Where did you pick up the 3M Dinoc? I have to do this to my interior. I hate the silver.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i like the red/white look you now have! the carbon fiber inside looks great too!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
only decals that i have seen from Dodge are found in the
Mopar Performance catalog
Pg. 155 - 158 & 257
I have the edition from a couple years ago
hopefully they have added more stickers & goodies in this years edition

Classic Industries carries some too

·
Registered
292 Posts
double u O double u. that looks so sick. once the drop is on it is going to be even nicer. well done sir. well done

·
Registered
542 Posts
C'mon man! The stripes are my favorite part!

It's like the 2011 version of starsky and hutch!

Seriously though they get alot of comments and the really set my truck apart from everyone elses, I've never seen another Ram with them.

The good news is when I grow tired of them, they just peel off.

They are applied basically the same as window tint, so some heat, patience and goo-gone will bring it right back to a blank canvas.
I like the white on the red......but I'm kinda partial.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
what size dinoc 3m tape did you order i was thinking the 12x48 would be fine to do the entire interior including the door handles front and rear.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what size dinoc 3m tape did you order i was thinking the 12x48 would be fine to do the entire interior including the door handles front and rear.
I thought so too, but I didn't make it.

Had to order a second roll of 1' x 4' to finish.

I had to re-do a couple of pieces to get it right but the Dinoc is so cheap it's worth it to make it perfect.

And yeah, you have to take your dash apart but its really pretty easy.
I can take my dash apart in about 2 minutes now.

Tip: before trying to pop the trim pieces out of the steering wheel remove the horn fuses. My horn was just blaring for about 30 seconds and my wife came out pissed! She thought I was trying to get her attention by blasting the horn lolz!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Bad news, they are custom (by billet badges) and can no longer be produced.

Chrysler has been sending "cease and desist" letters to people creating badges using the mopar name and logo, I can't even get badges with the word "HEMI" made.

Lucky for me I got these ordered just in time, but now I'm searching for a manufacturer that will make me some shield badges with the mopar "m" on them.

Figures.............. :( :shakehead:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Truck looks amazing, I really like the carbon fiber!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts