DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this older boat, it's 80's I think. Don't quote me on that.

The boat is solid but there is NO MOTOR. I'm not sure if all the wires and gizmos that go from the throttle and steering are there... but it does have a steering wheel and the throttle lever!!!

It has a couple seat things, but theres basically no interior.

We got it from a family friend when his father passed away and we were planning on putting a motor on it. (like that was ever going to happen in the first place...) So its been sitting in my garage for a little over a year.

Then my dad got cancer so fixing it up was definitely out of the question. (speaking of which, he just beat cancer on his last big surgery about a week ago,10-29-13, so he is officially now cancer free!) But anyway, even without cancer, fixing this boat up is still not going to happen... haha.

I'm tired of it sitting in my garage and I need a place to work on my truck in the winter..

So someone make me an offer. It would be a fun boat to fix up.

Someone on Craigslist asked me what the Hull Rating was. I don't even know what that means.... All i know is that its a cool old boat with no motor... haha.

For some reason PhotoBucket isn't uploading my pictures, so heres the link to the Craigslist ad. IT HAS PICTURES

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/boa/4133557518.html

Reactions: Canadian Hemi Pride

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.....My friend and I were thinking of what else we could do with it.. He mentioned buying an old Jeep frame and sticking an engine on it.. hahahha

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys!! I'm about to take an offer of $50! so if you're somewhere close to me and you want to offer more than $50, its yours!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, if you're willing to make the drive, you can have it for free! haha. I'm not even kidding, but either way thats a long ass drive for a cheap boat.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BBUMPPPPP

This boat is now free for anyone who wants to come get it!

(I'd love to ship it to you, but thats some serious cash to dish out!)

Since I have no means of transporting it, I'm sorry to say that you must come pick it up.

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
Boat For Sale!

You could be the new owner of this CLASSIC watercraft! All for the low low price of $50.00! BUT WAIT there's MORE! Upon purchase you will receive a one time rebate of $50.00! Yes you heard that right! A rebate of $50.00 INSTANTLY!

What?! No water where you live? NO PROBLEM! You're already the proud owner of a RAM! Why not combine the two?!

Not only is it unique, it's right hand drive and can easily traverse the most complicated EUROPEAN roads! It also includes a convertible top!

So, if you are in the market for a project...here's your chance!

The $50.00 rebate will actually be used TO PAY YOU to mod your own convertible.

Don't let this GEM get away, contact TheBestestDrummer now!

(anyandallapplicablesalestaxetitleanddestinationfees,shippingchargesaretheresponsibilityofthebuyer.Nottobecombinedwithanyotheroffereitherimpliedorintendedtobeappliedtothefinalcostofthevehicle.Thisisaonetimesalesofferandexpiresuponoriginalpurchase)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahahahahahahha thanks!! I mean, Whatever gets this thing out of my garage!! :LOL:

·
Banned
5,858 Posts
Oh, man! As a guy who has made his living working on or around boats his whole life, I hate to say this, Rob- but that thing isn't worth it's weight in paper clips. Do you have a big piece of property? Cut that thing in half length-wise, bury each keel side into the ground about 8' apart, and make an outside bar out of it for you and your friends. It will be the "cool" place to drink until you guys are of age to hit the bars. ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, man! As a guy who has made his living working on or around boats his whole life, I hate to say this, Rob- but that thing isn't worth it's weight in paper clips. Do you have a big piece of property? Cut that thing in half length-wise, bury each keel side into the ground about 8' apart, and make an outside bar out of it for you and your friends. It will be the "cool" place to drink until you guys are of age to hit the bars. ;)
haha exactly, which is why its free! And we have a pretty good sized property. Nothing crazy. I think its a little over an acre. Good sized fenced in back yard. And then a hill that goes down to a little flatland that meets up with a channel the leads into a bigger river.

And at the moment, its more naturey versus a cleaned up area haha. These last few years we havnt done much upkeep with it. Just enough to go snowboarding down the hill.

So the bar idea would be cool, but it wouldnt fit that area that much haha.

And of course, the idea of drilling holes in it and sinking it in the river has came to mind. but alas, I love nature and cant leave a boat in the water illegally. haha

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 28 Posts