2 doors, the bed & at least 1 fender flare

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
That is painful to even look at. :Wow1:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Poor thing was probably offloaded badly haha.
That's the impression I got. Probably got a little sideways coming off the truck

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
It didn't happen while unloading it from the car hauler, it still has the mirror

I think one of the Lot Boys damaged it while taking from the car hauler to the Prep area

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,608 Posts
I wonder what the other vehicle looks like? LOL

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,454 Posts
The dealer will probably fix it and sell it as new. This happens more than I'd like to think.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Should buff right out. On a side note I took a 2019 on a test drive last weekend and when I got back I noticed the front passenger side fender and bumper was scraped pretty good. I brought it to the salesman's attention telling him I did not hit anything and they agreed saying it likely happened at their vendor that installs Katskin leather. But I will be going over any new vehicle I take out after this to cover myself.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The dealer will probably fix it and sell it as new. This happens more than I'd like to think.

Its pretty standard practice. I don't see why they wouldn't, they shouldn't have to absorb a ~$30,000 inventory loss because of a careless delivery or whatever. If its repaired to like new and they're not defrauding anyone of diminished value then what's the difference?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
^ it is wrong and they get away with it. I find the practice disgusting. I woundnt buy it, that truck is now jinxed.
And i think they must disclose all repairs over a certain amount. At any given moment, this truck is under a certain ownership and covered by some insurance.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Insurance which pays for the repair just as it would if it were owned by a person

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Indeed, but now that truck has a history and not all insurance companies cover for the depreciation; at least not here in Canada, that I am aware of. Cant be a new truck with repairs that probably go into the thousands.
Sold with a huge discount, sure, but knowing how honest all the dealers are, i doubt it. The greed knows no end, especially in the world of car salesmen.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,454 Posts
Its pretty standard practice. I don't see why they wouldn't, they shouldn't have to absorb a ~$30,000 inventory loss because of a careless delivery or whatever. If its repaired to like new and they're not defrauding anyone of diminished value then what's the difference?
I have no problem with it as long as Im told about the damage so I can decide if I want it or a different truck. Thats a lot of damage and I know it will be repaired like new but I would pass and get another truck.

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
I would ask to see a Carfax or Autocheck reports

But

Keep in mind no report is perfect. It's only as good as the incidents that have been documented. If, for example, someone gets into a minor accident and decides to repair the car without involving an insurance company for fear of rates going up, the accident will not be reflected in the report. Similarly, if the body shop handling the repairs does not share its data with the vehicle history companies, it will not appear on a report either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts