DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna change my plugs in the next month. need to find a source to purchase them from. I have not been able to find any online vendors offering 16 OEM plugs for $50 shipped as some claim. can someone post a link or provide any info? I've always been a fan of NGK. as some say you get either champion or NGK when ordering?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Hey bud...i'm about to get the Champions for mine...O'reilleys has'em for like a 1.99

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Your not likely going to find them for $50 shipped to Canada, unless they're used plugs. LOL
Expect to pay at least $4 each here. They are available through NAPA, Can Tire, the dealer, etc. Doesn't really matter whether you use Champion or NGK, as long as you get the OEM style plugs with copper core. :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Has any 2010 RAM's had to get a tune up yet? I live in the US, so preferably those are the owners I am trying to get information from. I mean no disrespect to my Canadian counterparts. :wavey:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im gonna change my plugs in the next month. need to find a source to purchase them from. I have not been able to find any online vendors offering 16 OEM plugs for $50 shipped as some claim. can someone post a link or provide any info? I've always been a fan of NGK. as some say you get either champion or NGK when ordering?

Everyone has their own preference's, bro.. as long as it's a name brand plug and it's specified for your truck, you'll be fine....NGK's are a really good plug though, and so is champions.. Champions is more of a Stock plug, manufacture's used this plug as well as ACDelco!

I went with Bosch, and they been fine since I've put them in, it's actually time for me to replace them.

Good Luck, man! :smileup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got the plugs. a little dissapointed to see they are nickel core. I was under the impression these were copper.

·
Registered
442 Posts
hey curious as to where you got your plugs, also did you go with the NGK 5306? im sure the dealer in town here is on CRACK 19.99 per plug they want :s 320 plus tax just for plugs, i dont think so!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got them from steve white motors.com info back on post #8 of this thread. theres a lot of information and even more mis-information about plugs on here. and yes I do use the search. I will probably sell these and continue on my quest for a copper core plug. please speak up if anyone can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
got the plugs. a little dissapointed to see they are nickel core. I was under the impression these were copper.
They are copper core. They use nickel alloy bonded to the outside of the copper to enhance the wear of the plug. Without it, the plug would fail in a very short time (minutes) as the combustion temperature would melt the copper. Some plugs 'look' like copper but that is strictly the color they added to the nickel alloy. The LZFR5C-11 is the right plug. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts